Archeblade > Character Balance > Topic Details
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 25, 2013 @ 9:14am
Very imbalanced (ghost guy)
when 2v1, (2 gun girl and fire girl) no chance of winning.

This game is bad because not too much skills is envolved. even if you're a little experienced. you will still die very easily.

Could someone tell me if this game is about teamwork? then if so, 1on1 or 1on2 combat is just never a chance of winning?

-this guy's skill is very slow (maybe on purpose, but then hard to give combo), especially with shift, i donno why you have such long waiting time for shift + R click and yet not allow to move anywhere. other player can easily escape from it.

-the ult he's got only trap the enermy and nothing more. it's very sad for an ult like this, it's kind of getting yourself killed.

-no long ranged when jumping up?, the cooldown of normal atk is ridiculars giving the enermy lots of times to damage you before you can. if you stop you will die and if you move you can't even catch them

So please sort this out, i think it's very easy, for 3v3 mode or people who vs more than one could have more than 1 or 2 extra skills on them. this just makes the game more fun to play.
people normally leave when they see 2vs1, because there is simply no chance especially when one is ranged.

Thank you
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Lunaroh Apr 25, 2013 @ 10:50am 
Sorry if i'm misjudging you, but you sound like you just started the game (since you don't remember the characters names yet). Don't expect to be able to take on 2 players simultaneously without fully knowing the mechanics of the characters involved because if you could do that then your character would probably need a nerf (or is really easy to be decent with unlike the other 2 characters) =P.

Don't do a full combo if you are not hitting the enemy. Even if you hit him, the third attack of the combo is not worth it most of the time unless you are hitting more than one enemy. Stop at the second attack and start the combo again or jump + R.

....who am i kidding? just spam jump + R and they won't be able to get close ever again (?)
Last edited by Lunaroh; Apr 25, 2013 @ 10:54am
Emonium Apr 25, 2013 @ 12:24pm 
I could totally rant your ear off about how you're just inexperienced and with time and practice you'll be able to compete with anyone but instead have this-
Cezanne is my favorite character and my main. He's really strong and despite the nerf yesterday, still considered 'OP'.
His chamber skill is super useful, as you can just jump+r and your enemy won't be able to get away from you nor will anyone be able to attack you two (except for characters like another Cezanne and fire renny who have attacks which go through objects) unless they break it, which has been made even harder to do because the recent patch buffed it. It also does 2-5 damage, being two ticks every 2 or 3(?) seconds. And no, it's not like killing yourself because you can just leave the chamber and get away while they stay trapped.
Last edited by Emonium; Apr 25, 2013 @ 12:28pm
CAST_Sliferx Apr 25, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
Cezanne can win 1v2,1v3,1v4... depends on who you're fighting. Great character really, you're just not good enough with him yet. Just make use of your JR, dont spam JL and dont do LLL instead do LL, because people can block that 3rd L easily. LLL can be very useful in group fights though, but too much delay allows for an easy counterattack so use it carefully.

Your greatest strength is poison so use that, you have LR(this needs practice) and JR, dont forget Alt+JR (RP attack) has longer range than normal JR, and the Alt+LR breaks guard. Lifesteal isnt very useful unless your enemy is low on hp, because it takes away all RP which could be used for Alt+LR/Alt+JR/Q instead.
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:41pm 
Originally posted by Lunaroh:
Sorry if i'm misjudging you, but you sound like you just started the game (since you don't remember the characters names yet). Don't expect to be able to take on 2 players simultaneously without fully knowing the mechanics of the characters involved because if you could do that then your character would probably need a nerf (or is really easy to be decent with unlike the other 2 characters) =P.

Don't do a full combo if you are not hitting the enemy. Even if you hit him, the third attack of the combo is not worth it most of the time unless you are hitting more than one enemy. Stop at the second attack and start the combo again or jump + R.

....who am i kidding? just spam jump + R and they won't be able to get close ever again (?)

No you're right, i only started the game and roughly 4 hours of gameplay. but within that amount of time i didn't see any potential for this character to be able to win the game with enermies i faced.

I do understand there would definatly be mechanics of characters, but what i'm saying is, it's not very well balanced for a game that you could possibily face more than one enermy at a time and without any backup. (DOTA is fine, because it's alway 5v5, so if you go 1v3 is your fault)
This is a different case.

If i jump + R that would defo keep the enermy away from me, but neither could i get near them. especially when there is one range and one melee.

It might be possible (i haven't tried it myself) to 1v1 with ranged character. but still, how likely to win when the enermy is untouchable yet they could still dmg you from far away?
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:47pm 
Originally posted by Emonium:
I could totally rant your ear off about how you're just inexperienced and with time and practice you'll be able to compete with anyone but instead have this-
Cezanne is my favorite character and my main. He's really strong and despite the nerf yesterday, still considered 'OP'.
His chamber skill is super useful, as you can just jump+r and your enemy won't be able to get away from you nor will anyone be able to attack you two (except for characters like another Cezanne and fire renny who have attacks which go through objects) unless they break it, which has been made even harder to do because the recent patch buffed it. It also does 2-5 damage, being two ticks every 2 or 3(?) seconds. And no, it's not like killing yourself because you can just leave the chamber and get away while they stay trapped.

Thank you for your patient, ill try your advice :)
But i don't agree with what you said of running away from chamber, under the situation of 2vs1 (one ranged one melee(fire renny)) even when you locked melee down the ranged one will still atk you. It will only shelter you for a short period of time, after that, you're still likely to be dead.
Emonium Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:50pm 
I actually get what you're saying now. This rotation has ♥♥♥♥ed up my game totally. It's so much harder to win because there are like 2-3 Renoahs in Nagas Pit spamming Q and then there's ♥♥♥♥ and Fire Renny... all shooting and running and I could barely get to any of them.
Originally posted by dAsh:
Thank you for your patient, ill try your advice :)
But i don't agree with what you said of running away from chamber, under the situation of 2vs1 (one ranged one melee(fire renny)) even when you locked melee down the ranged one will still atk you. It will only shelter you for a short period of time, after that, you're still likely to be dead.
It shelters you until it takes a certain amont of damage. It stays there until it is broken so just try not to hit it while you attack. The only option for that is jump left click
Last edited by Emonium; Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:52pm
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:51pm 
Originally posted by Sliferx:
Cezanne can win 1v2,1v3,1v4... depends on who you're fighting. Great character really, you're just not good enough with him yet. Just make use of your JR, dont spam JL and dont do LLL instead do LL, because people can block that 3rd L easily. LLL can be very useful in group fights though, but too much delay allows for an easy counterattack so use it carefully.

Your greatest strength is poison so use that, you have LR(this needs practice) and JR, dont forget Alt+JR (RP attack) has longer range than normal JR, and the Alt+LR breaks guard. Lifesteal isnt very useful unless your enemy is low on hp, because it takes away all RP which could be used for Alt+LR/Alt+JR/Q instead.
I can't argue much that i don't have much experience in this game. i'll give it a go with your advice. but from my memory when ever i wanted to do an atk, the ranged girl always atk me so i couldnt even finish my moves :/ really annoying and couldn't get them because both of them got dodge skills.
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:54pm 
Originally posted by Emonium:
I actually get what you're saying now. This rotation has ♥♥♥♥ed up my game totally. It's so much harder to win because there are like 2-3 Renoahs in Nagas Pit spamming Q and then there's ♥♥♥♥ and Fire Renny... all shooting and running and I could barely get to any of them.
Thats the two i'm on about! so Renoahs, i remember now. I'm glad someone experienced same situation as me. Theres really no chance and i felt it changed the game style a bit.
in my case i was 1vs2 of them, with Cezanne i can't run any faster.
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:55pm 
Originally posted by Emonium:
I actually get what you're saying now. This rotation has ♥♥♥♥ed up my game totally. It's so much harder to win because there are like 2-3 Renoahs in Nagas Pit spamming Q and then there's ♥♥♥♥ and Fire Renny... all shooting and running and I could barely get to any of them.
Originally posted by dAsh:
Thank you for your patient, ill try your advice :)
But i don't agree with what you said of running away from chamber, under the situation of 2vs1 (one ranged one melee(fire renny)) even when you locked melee down the ranged one will still atk you. It will only shelter you for a short period of time, after that, you're still likely to be dead.
It shelters you until it takes a certain amont of damage. It stays there until it is broken so just try not to hit it while you attack. The only option for that is jump left click
I see, i'll give it a go. thanks!!
CAST_Sliferx Apr 26, 2013 @ 2:50am 
Originally posted by dAsh:
No you're right, i only started the game and roughly 4 hours of gameplay. but within that amount of time i didn't see any potential for this character to be able to win the game with enermies i faced.

I do understand there would definatly be mechanics of characters, but what i'm saying is, it's not very well balanced for a game that you could possibily face more than one enermy at a time and without any backup. (DOTA is fine, because it's alway 5v5, so if you go 1v3 is your fault)
This is a different case.

If i jump + R that would defo keep the enermy away from me, but neither could i get near them. especially when there is one range and one melee.

It might be possible (i haven't tried it myself) to 1v1 with ranged character. but still, how likely to win when the enermy is untouchable yet they could still dmg you from far away?

You have alot to learn, the ghost character you're talking about is really beast if played right, so as every other character. You could add me if you want, i can help more that way.


我是小鹏鹏 Apr 26, 2013 @ 3:26am 
Originally posted by Sliferx:
Originally posted by dAsh:
No you're right, i only started the game and roughly 4 hours of gameplay. but within that amount of time i didn't see any potential for this character to be able to win the game with enermies i faced.

I do understand there would definatly be mechanics of characters, but what i'm saying is, it's not very well balanced for a game that you could possibily face more than one enermy at a time and without any backup. (DOTA is fine, because it's alway 5v5, so if you go 1v3 is your fault)
This is a different case.

If i jump + R that would defo keep the enermy away from me, but neither could i get near them. especially when there is one range and one melee.

It might be possible (i haven't tried it myself) to 1v1 with ranged character. but still, how likely to win when the enermy is untouchable yet they could still dmg you from far away?

You have alot to learn, the ghost character you're talking about is really beast if played right, so as every other character. You could add me if you want, i can help more that way.
Tahnks I do agree with you, but maybe this character is not my type of thing i'll just wait and see. personally i don't like this rotation thing :/
ian-uk-2005 Apr 26, 2013 @ 4:58am 
U played for 4 hours and you think you can comment on whether a character is good and the overall balance of the game?

You can't fight 2v1 cos you don't know how to play the character and it's your own fault if you end up 2v1 in a TEAM game with one of the fastest chars available.
Emonium Apr 26, 2013 @ 6:51am 
Originally posted by ian-uk-2005:
U played for 4 hours and you think you can comment on whether a character is good and the overall balance of the game?

You can't fight 2v1 cos you don't know how to play the character and it's your own fault if you end up 2v1 in a TEAM game with one of the fastest chars available.
Yeeeeeah, no. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but with the random matches filled with people of random skill levels, it doesn't seem like that much of a team game to me. The side with more skilled players with always win. I actually prefer nagas pit over any other mode. This isn't the kind of game where I would want to be a 'team 'player' do the the fact that I could take out three or more people on my own if I played every move right. I better enjoy the chaos of everying trying to kill each other. But like I said, I already believe that I'm the minority here so no need to disagree with me for anyone who might.
Last edited by Emonium; Apr 26, 2013 @ 6:52am
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 26, 2013 @ 8:39am 
Originally posted by ian-uk-2005:
U played for 4 hours and you think you can comment on whether a character is good and the overall balance of the game?

You can't fight 2v1 cos you don't know how to play the character and it's your own fault if you end up 2v1 in a TEAM game with one of the fastest chars available.
Just because i played 4 hours doesn't mean i can't have an opinion. Within that 4 hours I can already 1vs2 with Gasper so allow me to say i am quite experienced and a quick learner.
It's not my fault when i being put into a server where my teammates both left because they're losing, and i think this game should provide the oppotunity for player to stand a chance when 1vs2 no matter which chars you're facing. Unless you're telling me this is a group game ONLY.
我是小鹏鹏 Apr 26, 2013 @ 8:47am 
Originally posted by Emonium:
Originally posted by ian-uk-2005:
U played for 4 hours and you think you can comment on whether a character is good and the overall balance of the game?

You can't fight 2v1 cos you don't know how to play the character and it's your own fault if you end up 2v1 in a TEAM game with one of the fastest chars available.
Yeeeeeah, no. I'm sure I'm in the minority here but with the random matches filled with people of random skill levels, it doesn't seem like that much of a team game to me. The side with more skilled players with always win. I actually prefer nagas pit over any other mode. This isn't the kind of game where I would want to be a 'team 'player' do the the fact that I could take out three or more people on my own if I played every move right. I better enjoy the chaos of everying trying to kill each other. But like I said, I already believe that I'm the minority here so no need to disagree with me for anyone who might.

I agree with you
like you said, it's pretty much the team who has the experience wins. in any kind of game perhaphs. But because this a intense short game and sometimes small matches like 3v3, people can quit whenever they want. So for the ones who stayed they will have different teammates all the time.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50