Hello ArcheBlade Community! I am extremely excited to be able to offer players and fans alike to compete for prizes for the first time in ArcheBlade. Thanks to feedback and a decent amount of interest, I am now opening up registration for teams to be able to apply now and secure a spot in the first ever ArcheBlade tournament.
This tournament will crown the first team who can compete at the highest level of skill, endurance and teamwork, better than any other.
Here is the scoop!Tempest Gaming TournamentArcheBlade (Double Elimination)Format
– 4v4 (One Substitute - This refers to having a fith team member, able to jump in should a primary member be unable to participate in any arranged games)Map
– SteamCanalCharacter Selection Format
– Draft Pick 1-2-2-2-1
To explain this a little better. The numbers refer to the number of characters selected by a team at once. This is to allow picks to be thought about and force players to consider different team compositions.
With the order shown above, it would go as follows: Team X picks (1) Character - Team Y picks (2) Characters - Team X picks (2) Characters - team Y picks (2) Characters - Team X picks (1) Character. This order will be decided by a coin toss.
The tournament matches are to be played on EU servers. I suggest all teams practice on EU servers as any complaints about lag will not be a good enough excuse.Tournament Rules
• Evidence of wins must be provided. Videos/Screenshots are acceptable forms of proof.
• Replacement players must be announced at least 1 Hour before a match is scheduled to take place. Replacement players must be from your replacement/merc pool and cannot be substituted once a team has been registered. (You must either notify me via Steam, I use timestamps, or a member of the opposing team. Any switches must be reported to myself to avoid anyone missing prizes if they participated.)
• No player may be registered for multiple teams under any circumstances (This includes benched players)
• Teams are required to participate in matches they agree to with the opposing side. Should a team fail to be ready for a match up within one hour of the agreed upon time, they are automatically disqualified. (This ruling shall only be ignored if both teams agree on a re-arranged time)The Prize!
To each player of the winning team who participated in at least one matchup will be gifted via Steam £10 to do with as they please!
Got your belly aching for glory yet? If so, here is how to register!
Post below the following, in the following format:
Team Name - ????
Team Captain - ????
Team Roster/Members (Maximum of 5) - ????
Designated Region - (EU, US etc. This will not affect matchmaking
Any additional relevant information - ???? You have until Sunday the 5th of May at 3PM GMT to register. Once the teams are registered, matchups will be designated and players will then be able to arrange times to play off against one and other.
If you have questions or wish to contact me regarding the tournament. Please add me on Steam and leave me a message. I will get back to you.
Remember, have fun and join in even if you don't think you are up to the challenge, you have nothing to lose and may even make friends along the way. Good luck to all of you.
UPDATE - Hello everyone, just an important note, I am pushing back the registration date to Sunday 12th of May at 3PM GMT. This way, current and potential teams have more prep time and more time to organise themselves.
UPDATE - The prize money is now DOUBLED.
UPDATE - The final registration date has now been pushed back to Sunday the 19th of May. This will be the final push back on registration. Once registration is complete, all entered teams will have qualified and will be placed in matchups accordingly.
BRACKET - http://oi40.tinypic.com/11ilro4.jpg
(This will be updated as matches are played. Thanks to Slifer for the cool looking Brackets Table! =D)
One last point to make guys. You have to show commitment to the tournament. If team captains are coming to me complaining they can't get in contact with you, you will be disqualified.
Matches consist of best of 3. Proof is needed of all 3 matches. All matches must be played on Steam Canal without exceptions. The final will consist of a best of 5.
Just as a side note guys, I expect at least all teams to have played 1-2 matches this week.
Please also feel free to Stream/Record you matches and upload them to sites if you want! Let the community see your glory! Or failures...