zangori Jan 6 @ 6:31pm
Not old school RPG. Dont buy this game.
Im very disapointed. This is not old-school RPG. It just looks like that.

Any old good RPGs will beat this one. Stone Prophet, Dungeon Master II, Stone Keep, Ishar II, Wizardry 8, Albion... Just imagine any old good RPG. This one cannot compare to them.

This game looks very very good at first sight, but on second is totaly awfull. The makers never liked RPGs games. Its just false posing. And thats the problem.
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Hermundure Jan 7 @ 12:23am 
I like your reasoning on all your assumptions.
Very well thought out posting, top quality, would read again! +1
Kasumi Tani Jan 7 @ 12:43am 
What exactly makes this game "not old school" for you? This game very much captures the spirit of old dungeon crawlers, in my opinion.

Also, by what qualities do you judge if the game has "old school" feel? Because you mention games Stone Keep and Wizardry 8 in the same sentence, and the two are vastly different games. If you compare Legend of Grimrock with games like Stone Keep or Dungeon Hack, then it is obviously made in the same spirit. If you compare it with games like Wizardry or Realms of Arkania series, then not so much.
Dr.Disaster Jan 7 @ 1:43am 
Originally posted by zangori:
Any old good RPGs will beat this one. Stone Prophet, Dungeon Master II, Stone Keep, Ishar II, Wizardry 8, Albion... Just imagine any old good RPG. This one cannot compare to them.
Given, those RPGs are kinda old. But calling them good all in one breath? That's debateable.

Originally posted by zangori:
This game looks very very good at first sight, but on second is totaly awfull. The makers never liked RPGs games. Its just false posing. And thats the problem.
No idea what you're missing. It's a dungeon crawler with an RPG background. If you expect a full fletched RPG story as from DnD, later Wizardry or M&M games then you are naturally disapointed. Those full-story RPGs added so much storytelling to the game that in part the actual gameplay got kinda buried under it.

LoG goes back to the very beginning of realtime dungeon crawling with Dungeon Master as it's ancestor of mind. There storytelling is reduced to the minimum necessary and main focus is on the gameplay.
shirocco Jan 7 @ 1:29pm 
Originally posted by zangori:
Im very disapointed. This is not old-school RPG. It just looks like that.

Any old good RPGs will beat this one. Stone Prophet, Dungeon Master II, Stone Keep, Ishar II, Wizardry 8, Albion... Just imagine any old good RPG. This one cannot compare to them.

I really have no idea what you're talking about. This is as old school RPG as it gets. You just enumerated a buch of old games, but forgot to tell us why this game is not like them.

If some poor soul reads this while thinking about buying this game, ignore OP because this game is closer to Dungeon Master 1 than Dungeon Master 2 is.

If you don't like the game on its on merits, say so. But don't say this is not old school cuz that's just silly IMHO.
Sminky_Get Jan 7 @ 5:59pm 
It's a fussion of new and old i guess, i'm enjoying it. Oddly reminds me most of 'Shinning In The Darkness' Although i'm not sure realtime really suits this type of game.
amagarr Jan 10 @ 7:34am 
This game rocks. Look Workshop, there are remakes of Dungeon Master and Chaos strikes back, and any beta of Eye of Beholder and Bloodwych, and more old stuff sure I am forgetting.
sara_bear Jan 10 @ 5:56pm 
Oh it's definatly old school, just older school than the titles you mentioned.
MaxxGold Jan 13 @ 1:59pm 
Lol, this kid doesn't even know what old shcool is. Too funny.
lPaladinl of Eggnog Jan 13 @ 2:12pm 
No guys, you see, it's not old school because it doesn't look like ♥♥♥ and vomit spewed all over the screen!
zangori Jan 13 @ 4:54pm 
Even first door and first secret cache failed on old school design...
[cf] melonLord Jan 13 @ 11:55pm 
Back up your points with something and maybe people won't think youre an idiot. I'll even help you start.
"This game isnt faithful to the style of old school games and is worse for it because _______"
Last edited by [cf] melonLord; Jan 13 @ 11:55pm
zangori Jan 14 @ 9:48am 
I understand... But I wrote it. Its just hidden a little bit and for a reason of course. I dont want convince anyone how bad this game is. It was just warning.

So I warned people, which can read my message. they will understand.

And for rest, which dont understand. I just wish you... enjoy the game :)

PS: little clue for curious people: You can play this game. But its not a game and you will not play.
lPaladinl of Eggnog Jan 14 @ 2:13pm 
Originally posted by zangori:
I understand... But I wrote it. Its just hidden a little bit and for a reason of course. I dont want convince anyone how bad this game is. It was just warning.

So I warned people, which can read my message. they will understand.

And for rest, which dont understand. I just wish you... enjoy the game :)

PS: little clue for curious people: You can play this game. But its not a game and you will not play.

Except.. if you're attempting to warn people, usually you elaborate enough to make your point, otherwise any intelligent person has no reason to listen to your "warning".
sara_bear Jan 14 @ 2:51pm 
Originally posted by zangori:
I understand... But I wrote it. Its just hidden a little bit and for a reason of course. I dont want convince anyone how bad this game is. It was just warning.

So I warned people, which can read my message. they will understand.

And for rest, which dont understand. I just wish you... enjoy the game :)

PS: little clue for curious people: You can play this game. But its not a game and you will not play.

Actually IF you "were" doing that. You post that as a review, not a discussion thread.
blackie.dr4 Jan 14 @ 6:58pm 
Persuming that everyone has the same understanding you do zangori of what is fun and entertaining is a mistake. Doing a strong review sighting the areas of weakness you saw and suggestions of how to improve or why this game missed the mark would have been far more helpful then a random comment. The review process will allows others to see the way you look at games and then judge for themselves if your review hits home with them in general.
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50