Here you can see what's new in each version.
r40 - XP System, Tons of new characters.
- Introducing the new XP system, which gradually unlocks game content
- Added 13 new characters with 4 variants
- Added 3 variants to Buckshot, ManekiNeko, GIl, SkullDuggery and Salem
- New loading screen lines
- Added Romanian translation
- Added Portuguese-Brazil translation
- Added an auto mute option
- Player names are now colored in superchat
- Bug fixes
r39 - New Prototype map, updated font system (April 17th, 2015)
- Added a new Prototype level
- Rearranged the options menu
- Added search distance options in the options menu
- You can now lock the search distance or set your max search distance
- You can now alt+tab out of the game during loading
- Added cheater and abuse reporting
- Added a "Find new match" button in the lobby
- Updated the font rendering system, it now supports way more characters!
- The level editor menus are now hidden in playtest mode
- Updated Silo as suggested here http://steamcommunity.com/app/207140/discussions/2/618459109263738867/
- Added some fancy social network links
- Did not add a new secret character
r38 - Casino map, Reworked custom lobby UI (February 13th, 2015)Make sure you update to the latest version!
- Added new map: Casino! It's the winning map from the first workshop competition: "Fresh Out" by GraphiqueNez2.
- The custom game lobby is completely re-implemented. We hope it works a bit more intuitive now.
- The random official map button now actually means random instead of "I don't care what map we play". This makes the level selection less biased toward workshop maps.
- The map selection should feel more random now. If possible the same maps is never played twice in a row anymore.
- Added some flashing and beeping on the last 5 seconds of the lobby and level selection countdown timer.
- Improved the level editor's graphics editor:
- You can only edit graphics on the selected layer (press [ and ] to select different layers).
- Graphics within the same layer can now be ordered. (press Home or End to send a graphic all the way to the front or back, press PageUp or PageDown to bring a graphic one step to the front or back)
- The hitbox of graphics on parallax layers is now actually where the graphic is.
- The in-game player info screen now has mouse support.
- Freeze rays are now canceled at the end of a round.
- Fixed the bug where the game would not end if all players would fall off the bottom of the screen at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where explosions near a stunned player would have delayed effect.
- Moved the steam notifications to a more convenient location during lobby and level select.
- /goat is no longer how you get the goat.
- There may or may not be new secret characters
r37 - Curated random workshop maps (January 13th, 2015)
- The random workshop level button now selects from a curated list of levels.
- Removed developer's pick from the workshop level list.
- Added borderless window mode.
- Added German and Czech(partial) translations.
- View Player > Recent Games are now set (on the steam overlay).
- Increased time your own fireball won't hit you.
- Added bulk property editing in the level editor.
- Bugfix: Ranked is updated immediately now.
- Bugfix: Fixed crash that occurred when a loop was made of helper checkpoints.
- Bugfix: The camera should now be quick enough to always reach the respawn location in time.
- Bugfix: Fixed the player releasing his hook when bumping in a wall with his back
- Bugfix: Fixed players being able to start running too seen when pressing Esc during the win UI.
- Bugfix: Fixed the hyperjump which occured when jumping right after alt+tabbing into the game. All jumping should be more consistent now under various frame rates.
- Bugfix: You could get stuck in-game when your connection dropped.
- Bugfix: All SpeedRapture rockets should now be working on all peers.
- Bugfix: Hopefully the 'I'm running alone in the level' and 'the camera is following nobody' bugs are gone now.
r36 - XMas FreezeRay (December 18th, 2014)
- Added a new weapon: the FreezeRay.
- Added artwork to the prototype level.
- Prototype is now called Swift Peaks.
- Allowed disabling of auto-subscribe to workshop levels on upvote.
- Added localization for French, Spanish, Italian and Norwegian (We're still looking for volunteers for other languages).
- Bugfix: don't crash when trying to select a 3rd Scout.
r35 - Workshop competition (December 12th, 2014)
- Added Workshop Competion related components.
- New prototype level!
- Updated the level select menu.
- Added a random workshop level button in level select.
- Updated the look and feel of all popups in the game.
- Added a vote popup for custom levels.
- Added "Alley" to the workshop.
- Added the bird object to workshop.
- Added more feedback about why you are sometimes thrown out of a game.
- Players are now spawned in a random order the first round, after that it's based on game points.
- Fixed the cross section exploit in Warehouse.
- Bugfix: a bug where the game stopped looking for lobbies if the first attempt to join a lobby failed.
- Bugfix: pressing Esc while the steam overlay is active shouldn't affect he game anymore (with some exceptions).
- Bugfix: rockets shouldn't blast you all over the map anymore.
r34 (November 20th, 2014)
- Updated the checkpoint system, adding checkpoints to maps should be a lot easier now.
- Updated checkpoint tutorial.
- Added bot difficulty settings.
- Reduced network use for about half in terms of bandwidth and packet count.
- Improved netcode, players with a bad connection should now move around smoother.
- Switchblocks (yellow/black doors) can now be used to hang on if they are rotated to an exact vertical position.
- Many new features in the level editor, like auto-generating AI Volumes
- The colors of the flashing border during sudden death can now be configured.
- The keyboard key used to show the in-game player info can now be configured.
- Changed font to one which supports more characters.
- Bugfix: Bubbles do not destroy the performance in the level editor anymore.
- Bugfix: The bots should now always run in the right direction after respawn.
- Bugfix: The player will now always release the grappling hook when swinging into a wall.
r33 - Halloween Edition (October 30th, 2014)
- Added two new characters, SkullDuggery and Salem, to #teamFalcon!
- Hold TAB in-game to see player details
- Added MUTE functionality
- Simplified checkpoint system by getting rid of the need for most 'helper' checkpoints.
For example, this was warehouse before:
and this is after:
(this should not break any existing custom maps)
- potential fix for invisible players
- potential fix for huge position desync issues
- potential fix for dodge issues
- fixed some superchat issues
- more detailed loading texts
r32 (October 20th, 2014)
- Added TF2's Scout to the game!
- Added two DLC packs, introducing:
- Markiplier, Jesse Cox, UberHaxorNova, PeanutButterGamer
- PewDiePie, Dodger, Strippin and CinnamonToastKen
- Added a grid to the character select menu
- The Game Options are now only available in Level Select
- New KING OF SPEED Tournament! #teamSpeedrunner
- The Falcon now has 4 variations
- Factory tweak: The bottom triggers now only trigger the opposing corridors
- The Shockwave's effect lasts a bit longer, making it more effective as a shield
r31 (August 26th, 2014)
- The prototype level is now the Zoo level.
- Small level updates, details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyJv0LyxvWo
- Updates on Buckshot's, 招き猫 and Gil's animation.
- Fireballs can now be thrown when walking up on slopes.
- Fireballs are now moving at the same speed no matter which direction you throw them.
- Fireballs now have a slightly lower collision box.
- DoubleJumping after a superboost doesn't make you lose your speed anymore.
- Added a 'wrong way' indicator.
- Added a 'no item' game option.
- Network rerouting. The game now sends messages through other players if that turns out to be faster (or the only way to reach them). This should in turn fix a bunch of in-game issues.
- Fix: the jittery motion during swinging for some players.
- Fix: swing knockback glitch
- Fix: laser sliding.
- There are graphics options in the options menu now (note: resolution, vsync or windowed settings the steam game launch options overrule the graphics options in the options menu. This may be a good time to remove the graphics options from the steam game launch options.)
- Controls can now be changed during the game.
- The last item on the workshop levels list can now be selected.
- AI volumes are now triggerable.
- Many updates on the level editor.
- Many smaller updates and fixes.
- Up to 1 goat per match
r30 (July 11th, 2014)
- SpeedBallers! (introduced a new item)
- First iteration of ranked based matchmaking.
- Added a new prototype level.
- Redesigned custom level menu in level select.
- Tuned down rocket and bomb stun a bit.
- No more modifiers (roulette) in Ranked matches.
- Added a bug report feature. Type "/bug " followed by a description of the bug.
r29 (July 1st, 2014)
- Overhauled the lobby system. It should be much more stable now.
- Brightened up the in-game chat text a bit.
- Rockets and bombs can trigger triggers now.
- Rockets and bomb explosions stun for a short while now.
- Your last picked character will be selected by default now if available.
r28 (June 19th, 2014)
- Added a new lobby system and UI. All AFK player issues should be history now.
- Fixed a bunch of mid-game joining bugs. This will not fix each and everything crash but we tackled a few of the more gnarly issues.
- Spikes are lethal again in Ranked games.
- In Custom games there is now an option to make spikes lethal (the default is that they only stun you, as is the case in Quick games).
- Improved the size of the game by about 2000% (from 1.7GB to 80MB)
r27 (June 16th, 2014)
- Wow two major updates in less than a week!
- Added four(!) new characters
r26 (June 11th, 2014)
- Games can now be joined while they are in progress. This should decrease the time to get in a game dramatically
- Added in game chat. Press enter to type.
r25 (May 27th, 2014)
- Made the spikes non-lethal. Instead, they temporarily stun you
- Gameplay updates to silo, factory, themepark and powerplant
- Finally added artwork to silo and nightclub (formerly prototype)
- Some fixes and improvements to the level editor
r24 (Apr 21th, 2014)
- Added a league / ranking system
- Play ranked matches, score points and become the top SpeedRunner!
r23 (Mar 13th, 2014)
- You can now also create, share and play singleplayer levels
- Added a list of popular maps to the level select
- You can now vote (like/dislike) and (un)subscribe to maps, straight from the level select and workshop menus.
- Leaderboards on custom singleplayer levels now also work
- Various bugfixes, the game should crash a lot less on custom maps.
r22 (Feb 20th, 2014)
- We added a Level Editor with Steam Workshop support!!
- Added two editor tutorial maps
- Implemented autosaves for recovery after an unexpected crash
- Allowed opening of other players' maps in the editor
- Added two official maps to open in the editor
- Improved updating a published map
r21 (Jan 3th, 2014)
- King Cosmo got his crown!
- Loading screens should not get stuck anymore.
- Players should now always go out of screen at some point (no players in the camera view issue)
- Less lobbies should now be stuck on an inactive player
r20 (Dec 19th, 2013)
- Added a singleplayer practice mode, called Origins
- Added in-game taunts (DPad-UP / V)
- Introducing the King Of Speed Tournament!
- Improved prototype level
- Minor improvements to some other levels
- Tweaked bot behavior a bit
- Each character now has 4 variants, selectable with up/down (since Dec 24th)
r19 (Nov 25th, 2013)
- Added Achievements
- Added a new character: Moonraker
- Added a new level: Prototype
- Tweaked movement
- Improved lead detection
- Added srennuRdeepS to the roulette wheel
- Added auto-kick after one minute of inactivity
r18 (Nov 8th, 2013)
- Added a new level: Factory
- Added an option to select a random level
- Tweaked Theme Park a bit
- Tweaked the Roulette wheel odds to not select SpeedRapture all the time
- Minor tweaks to the amount and duration of Boost
r17 (Nov 2nd, 2013)
- Added a new level: Theme Park
r16 (Oct 19th, 2013)
- The Shockwave has been added to the collection of weapons
- New Plaza art
- The game window is now resizable (if you run the game windowed)
- The +res setting now works on all pc's.
r15 (Oct 16th, 2013)
- Fixed bug where the hook item could grab two players resulting in one player losing control
- Improved hook dodging
- Fixed the no textures/level not visible bug (Thanks to Brian von Kuster for finding the cause of this issue)
- Decreased time for a quick game to start
- Fixed some lobby bugs
- Some general game stability fixes
r14 (Oct 9th, 2013)
- Disabled boost-jumping
- Tweaked boosting alltogether
- Tweaked walljumping a bit
- Fixed some matchmaking / friend invite bugs
- Fixed a bug resulting in some unfair knockouts
- Press Esc to quit game or cancel setting controls
- HUD will fade out when over a player
- Improved bots in Powerplant
- More time in between levels; select a level to hurry the timer up
r13 (Sep 30th, 2013)
- Added new map: Silo
- Added a tutorial
- Added two options: toggle controller vibration & show player indicator
- Added a player indicator, showing you which character you are
- New artwork for Powerplant map
r12 (Sep 23rd, 2013)
- Added new map: Plaza
- Added new map: Powerplant
r11 (Sep 18th, 2013)
- Added bots
- Added friend invites
- Added an event calendar
- Fixed a bug causing the level to be invisible sometimes
r10 (Sep 10th, 2013)
- Improved the current levels here and there
- Fixed a bug in walljumping
- Fixed the super-walljump bug
- Improved the character select menu a bit
- Improved the camera system
- The golden hook will release quicker when it's stuck
- Added a startup log that helps us debug startup issues
r9 (Sep 3th, 2013)
- Added Superchat
- Fixed bug where a lot of player names would be unknown
r8 (Aug 27th, 2013)
- Shortend the lobby and level select timer from 30 to 20 seconds
- Exiting from the level select menu works now
- Sligthly changed the behavior of rockets so there will be less misses
- Added some hints in the control setup screen
- Fixed sudden death countdown timer sometimes not being removed
- Fixed some crashes
r7 (Aug 26th, 2013)
- Added a new map (Library)
- Implemented some new artwork
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- You can now edit & save your default control scheme
- It's on Early Access now!
r6 (Aug 5th, 2013)
- Fixed the stuck on loading screen issue.
- Fixed a number of various instability issues in lobbies.
- Updated the Warehouse level.
- Rockets are more dangerous now.
r5 (Aug 2th, 2013)
- More lobby fixes
- Auto releases weapon hook when players get stuck.
- Revised the ranking system
r4 (Aug 1st, 2013)
- The lobby should no longer show incorrect or no characters
- Fixed a couple of MatchMaking bugs
- Fixed an in-game crash when the player in front disconnects
r3 (Aug 1st, 2013):
- Default keyboard controls are now always Z, X, C and Space
- Default keyboard controls can now be seen in Options>show Controls
- Added a visible version number
- Fixed some minor bugs in the menu
- Fixed a couple of in-game crashes and bugs
- Fixed a crash that happens when you start a second game
- Fixed Level Select being visible over gameplay
- Fixed wrong stuff being visible in lobby
- First beta build.
Otherwise you won't be able to find other players who have updated..