Update #200 - Build 33178, February 10th, 2015
It's hard to believe we're at update number 200--or maybe it's not for those who have been following our progress over the years. Continuing our revamp of old systems that just don't make sense anymore, we've turned our attention to the Hangar. It's midway through the redo, but seems stable enough to release for feedback and bug hunting. Things like Unit selection haven't been started yet, as we want to improve that quite a bit too.
Currently the loadout save slots still work for the entire army configuration, but we are considering revising that. Having the units have their own loadout set, and the mech have it's own feels like it would make more sense. In this design, each base AirMech class will have saved loadouts for the Parts, and changing a skin won't change your Parts as it does now. We've stubbed in a bit of this new UI but it doesn't function yet.
We're also testing out the idea of having "Pro" AirMech loadouts that don't have the current level requirements for Parts. Every Pro loadout will have 100 points from the start, and won't gain any more. These will be the loadouts you use for PvP to ensure a level playing field. This also will let us uncap the PvE Loadouts which can get more and more Parts and keep the current level progression.
AirMech Frames is something we've been preparing the art for a while now. Each AirMech class has 7 Frame components, and you will be able to combine them (in the future) and also use them for special Nanoforge conversions. We'll be detailing that more in a future patch, but we're going to start dropping them so that people have them in hand once we are ready to go live with the changes.
- updated Hangar UI
- AirMech frames starting to drop
- improve referral entry/dialog for new players
- various performance optimization work
- new art for team color tiles
- descriptions added for leaderboard badges
- various pathing bugfixes
- update end game messaging when spectating
- some performance improvements to 'high' graphics quality setting
- fix friend icons in the friends dialog (for solo ingame and lobby states)
- bugfix for spamming start when going into a survival match
- fixed air DPS on stat cards for T99 and T45
- fix Bucky missile range (after missile speed reduction)
- Ratchet Heal Rate: 50 -> 45
- Ratchet Armor: 75->70
- Honeypot Armor: 65 -> 75