We have THREE new Ultimates for you this patch, and one of the most requested skins: BlackOps Warthog! And a new cosmetic Unit variant: the Beppo Probe! Yes, the stuff of legends has come to life and roams the battlefield. Beware!
You'll probably notice a bunch of UI tweaks and improvements. All part of our ongoing process to make the UI much better. Many of the things in this patch relate to organization of the UI, preparing us to dig down and next get into updating things like the Hangar and Lobby with some long overdue changes. Bit by bit, closer and closer to feeling good about exiting beta!
As you probably know, AirMech is also available on Xbox as AirMech Arena. As part of our ongoing efforts to support that platform, we made a lot of performance optimizations to the game which should also benefit PC players. Some of these things could create bugs, which is why this recent patch/test cycle was quite long. We feel things are in a good spot but we won't know for sure until we have a full patch in the live build. If bugs pop up, they are easy to fix--let us know about them though! Crashes or desyncs are key for us to know about, though most of that is automated--just make sure you restart the game at least once after any of those events happen to you.
Lots of smaller things that have been requested for a while are in this patch, such as the "Do Not Disturb" mode which you can turn on by hovering over your player picture in the lower left. Currently it lasts just an hour while we test it out. You can also now add friends by typing their name into the Friends search box in the Friends panel. Try it out!
Note that we are switching over to the number of released patches instead of the raw version number so it's easier to follow the progress of AirMech. Hard to believe update 200 is coming soon!
- BlackOps Warthog released! And yes it looks amazing.
- Ultimate Shooter is here for all your long range annihilation wishes
- Ultimate Jackal now available as a general purpose terror unit
- Ultimate Probe is, well, what do you think it is?
- Beppo Probe is science gone horribly wrong (it's craftable soon!)
- make using Nanoforge plans have the same usage flow as other items
- new UI at the top for using Auto-Deploy (for game modes that support it)
- add more fortress bunkers to maps (chasm, salt, sandrim)
- performance updates and improvements!
- party invites message the gamemode now
- added an initial 'do not disturb' system (hover over player portrait)
- cleared out a few choke points on Sandrim
- add '250 Diamonds' Nanoforge recipe (2000 Diamonds + Diamond Tester = 8x 250 Diamonds)
- add support for rarity colored content link tags (crate descriptions)
- new alternate units: Hellstorm Devastator, Fine Shooter, Goliath Aggressor
- bunkers added to close outposts on Crater
- removed Diamond Roll (3 Pack) from Level 100 quest
- top menu bar now useable in all areas including Lobby
- home menu now has Message of the Day and completed Quests shortcut
- patchnotes now shown on homepage until they are read
- can now invite Friends from the Friends menu (type in name)
- shortcut to bring up Promos from menu home (by request)
- leaderboards is now a floating menu like the others
- Faction Charter now links to the Field Guide when used
- mail UI redesigned with controller support
- fix bug with guardian filtering in new inventory UI
- fix sales price displays in some currencies
- fixes to Void AirMech skin rendering
- bug fix for spectators cycling loadout slots and accessing chat
- fix firing animations and rates of turrets placed on pads
- a number of fixes related to the content 'try out' mode
- many fixes for the Quest Log
- fixed issues on Spiral and Chasm where AirMechs would dip below kill plane
- fixed an issue where units wouldn't path to top Outpost on Spiral
- fix for units pathing to the wrong side of the middle outpost on Chasm
- fix spectator unit count symbols to also count fliers
- bug fix for loadout/part saving not working
- fixed a bug where units following paths will not trigger mines
- fixed endgame stats not appearing after a completed solo match
- fix for latency warning tooltip being replaced by a recently viewed tooltip
- fixed Ultimate Moneymaker and Ultimate Generator having wrong scale/animations when being auto-deployed
- fixed Drop icon not showing up at end of game
- fixed an issue where AirMech could get stuck when transforming on Salt
- fixed Ultimate Boost status icons not hiding
- make Hero better at healing AirMechs
- more coming after the patch is live/stable