Bugs in my open world game? Impossible!! Sometimes something weird does show up in the real world when a game is out in the wild, even after the lab has cleansed the game of bugs for months and months on end.
We tested this game on a wide variety of PC setups, but you cannot test every possible PC setup in the world. Do you know how many possible combinations there are? A lot.
The vast majority of you should have little to no problems in their gameplay experience, but if you do encounter a technical issue or a bug after release, and would like it fixed sooner rather than later, you are in luck! We would like to fix it too, and we'd rather be prepared. Help us help you, so to say!
We've launched quite a few PC games on Steam this year, and have always had a very positive experience with Steam users who want the same result as we do: fix things. Before you can fix something, you need to find out what makes it break, though. A thread like this can be helpful to QA and other dev teams to find that out, so please follow the below instructions if you do encounter a problem.
This is how you do report a problem
1. Make sure you match the minimum requirements listed on the Store page.
2. Describe your issue with as much detail as possible. Maybe this one random thing doesn't seem important to you, but it could be the randomest thing in the world that causes some super weird thing to happen. If you have already tried various things to fix something, let us know as well!
3. Leave as many technical details about your PC as you are willing to share. We understand you probably don't want to paste your entire DxDiag in a comment. But listing these things will help us pin down a possible problem if there end up being any:
- Amount and type of RAM
- Graphics card
- Graphics driver version
- Monitor set up and connection to display (HDMI, DVI, VGA)
- Audio card or onboard audio chipset
- Headphone brand and model if you use headphones
- Anything else you might think is relevant, even if it doesn't make sense (SSD RAID archive setup, a GTX Titan in a PCIe 1x slot, etc.)
4. Don't quote someone's giant comment and add "I have the same." Please cut down the quote a bit so it will keep the thread readable.
5. Please keep this thread dedicated to reporting technical problems for PC.
But I'm not playing on PC
What are you doing on this Steam thread? You can contact our tech support at email@example.com
for other problems.