Puppy Mar 22, 2013 @ 11:38pm
Gamepad doesn't work
Bought the game since it was advertised to have full controller support. Was really excited to try it out on Big PIcture, but realized the game wasn't responding to my controls :(.

I'm on a Genius Gamepad and it works great on other games I bought from the Indie Sale. Before anyone calls me out to just get an Xbox gamepad, it's just too expensive for me in my country. But is that the only solution? If it is then I have no choice :(. Would really like to play the game with my 3rd party controller though.

Is this is a known bug? Is anyone else having the same problem? Are there known work arounds? If I do decide to throw money at a new Xbox controller (yikes) will I be guaranteed it will work?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Marlowe Mar 23, 2013 @ 2:17am 
Try to emulate the 360 controller. Search for a guide on the web, there are many.

This is one of the guides: http://www.stumblepod.com/2012/06/emulate-xbox-360-controller-on-pc.html

To the last question: yes, the 360 controller works very well, and not only in Mutant Blobs Attack, but in all the games that support a controller.
Last edited by Marlowe; Mar 23, 2013 @ 2:24am
Puppy Mar 23, 2013 @ 3:18am 
Very helpful thank you!

Saved me a good amount of cash. Love the game! Now looking forward to trying this on other games as well :D.
Marlowe Mar 23, 2013 @ 3:31am 
I'm very happy for you. Enjoy the game, it's awesome!!! :)
sortvind Apr 9, 2013 @ 5:46am 
Joymotion is our friend :3
comp9 Apr 19, 2013 @ 11:22am 
If they advertise full support it often means some gamepads fully support it (usually xbox) but not all, it would depend on how good your gamepad is. I use the 360 gamepad and it works flawlessly with this game. I think the 360 controller would be a good investment, even with the price, because I've found it works perfectly on practically every controller ready game on steam, with little to no configuration.
Gymsock Jul 16, 2013 @ 11:34pm 
Originally posted by computing9:
I think the 360 controller would be a good investment, even with the price, because I've found it works perfectly on practically every controller ready game on steam, with little to no configuration.

+1
Mr [Gh0st] Jul 19, 2013 @ 8:57am 
I dunno why, Xbox Emulator Controler does not work with this game :(
I'm using a PS2 controller, connected with an usb plug.

For every other games, it works fine.
But for this one, seems like it won't work :(

Any solution for this ?
Thanks :)
Susurrus Jul 21, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
An actual Xbox 360 controller isn't working for me...
Space Cadet Aug 3, 2013 @ 6:13am 
Originally posted by Mr Gh0st:
I dunno why, Xbox Emulator Controler does not work with this game :(
I'm using a PS2 controller, connected with an usb plug.

For every other games, it works fine.
But for this one, seems like it won't work :(

Any solution for this ?
Thanks :)
Yea I'm having the same problem only with a Thrustmaster Rumblepad 2-in-1. Works fine with every other game except this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Soowagoo  [developer] Aug 6, 2013 @ 8:26am 
Found this detailed description on controller troubleshooting in the Castle Crashers forum. Might be helpful?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/204360/discussions/0/864947044779189882/
jupacshalom23 Aug 12, 2013 @ 6:55am 
Originally posted by Marlowe:
Try to emulate the 360 controller. Search for a guide on the web, there are many.

This is one of the guides: http://www.stumblepod.com/2012/06/emulate-xbox-360-controller-on-pc.html

To the last question: yes, the 360 controller works very well, and not only in Mutant Blobs Attack, but in all the games that support a controller.

if u have windows and a 360 controller(wired) all u have to do is plug it in
Nefrarya Sep 3, 2013 @ 6:27am 
For x360ce to work with Blobs and my controller, I had to rename the xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll . The library tutorial states other rename possibilities.
http://forums.ngemu.com/showthread.php?t=155310
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50