Since the update recently it seems there's quite a few people dealing with some issues. I'd like to apologize for any inconvenience; please sit tight while we work these things out over the coming few days hopefully.
Until we get things worked out; here's a few things you can try that may improve the situation:Game not starting at all
- Manually install OpenAL through the _CommonRedist/OpenAL/184.108.40.206 folder; it seems somehow this isn't being automatically configured for everyone.
- Disable MSI Afterburner if you have it installed.
- Disable Steam Overlay
- Update your video card drivers (particularly if you have an intel chip).
If your game still is not starting at all after these steps it'd be very helpful if you could send some system information along with the 'debug.log' file and the contents of your 'savegames' directory over to me at frans.kasper [at] abstractiongames.com. No sound or music playing
Malformed menu (buttons/text appear only in bottom right corner)
- As above: manually install OpenAL through the _CommonRedist/OpenAL/220.127.116.11 folder; it seems somehow this isn't being automatically configured for everyone.
- When you have sound but no music - delete all files except Progress.gun and Settings.gun from your savegames folder and restart the game.
- Delete latest.gun from your savegames folder and 'resolution.txt' from the 'settings' folder.
If all else fails, you can try opting into the 'oldversion' beta branch. You can do this by right clicking 'Gunpoint
' in your steam library and navigating to 'Properties
'. From there select 'betas
' and pick 'oldversion
' from the dropdown menu. You won't have workshop support but it may increase the chances of the game working for you. If this does work, please check back here regularly for updates on the normal build which you can opt in for again by repeating the same steps only selecting 'default
' as the beta branch.
Thank you all so much for your patience and for patrolling the forums and pointing people in the right direction for possible fixes, it's much appreciated!Update July 2nd
Hi again, we've just pushed out another update with a number of crash fixes, please let us know if it has resolved anything for you!