Mr. Mutant Oct 1, 2012 @ 9:38pm
THERE IS NO IMAGE
So I'm on a macbook pro with an ATI Radeon x1600 and when I open castle crashers the audio is perfect but the screen is completely black. Any suggestions?
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Veav Oct 2, 2012 @ 5:01am 
Known issue. No suggestions sadly, but I've seen other people describing the same thing - it's not just you.
Paoada Oct 3, 2012 @ 12:22pm 
Finally someone else with the same problem!
Veav Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:27pm 
Like Paoada. NOW KISS!
The Behemoth Megan  [developer] Oct 3, 2012 @ 3:35pm 
Have you recently changed your resolution settings? This is something we've suggested for those who are unable to start up after they had changed their resolution:

If you have changed the default resolution in Castle Crashers and are unable to get the game to start after that we have a solution for you. Open the start menu of your computer and in the search bar input "settings.ini". This will take you to the settings file for Castle Crashers. Open the settings.ini file with any text editing program. Change the width value to 800 and the length value to 600. Save the changes and exit the file. Attempt to launch Castle Crashers again and you should be take into gameplay. You can adjust your resolution in game again but avoid the resolution that led to the crash.

Let me know if that works so we can research it further.
Mr. Mutant Oct 4, 2012 @ 7:39am 
Originally posted by The Behemoth Megan:
Have you recently changed your resolution settings? This is something we've suggested for those who are unable to start up after they had changed their resolution:

If you have changed the default resolution in Castle Crashers and are unable to get the game to start after that we have a solution for you. Open the start menu of your computer and in the search bar input "settings.ini". This will take you to the settings file for Castle Crashers. Open the settings.ini file with any text editing program. Change the width value to 800 and the length value to 600. Save the changes and exit the file. Attempt to launch Castle Crashers again and you should be take into gameplay. You can adjust your resolution in game again but avoid the resolution that led to the crash.

Let me know if that works so we can research it further.


I'm on a Mac though and I can't find it.
Mr. Mutant Oct 4, 2012 @ 7:44am 
Also, I looked at the disk usage of castle crashers and it said it only used 215 MB, is it possible that the visuals didn't get installed (I never downloaded the demo)?
Lexstarshok Oct 4, 2012 @ 10:09am 
Have you tried a clean uninstall and install? (i.e. uninstall CC, delete ALL lefover files, reinstall)
Satoshi, robot killer Oct 13, 2012 @ 1:26pm 
Originally posted by The Behemoth Megan:
Have you recently changed your resolution settings? This is something we've suggested for those who are unable to start up after they had changed their resolution:

If you have changed the default resolution in Castle Crashers and are unable to get the game to start after that we have a solution for you. Open the start menu of your computer and in the search bar input "settings.ini". This will take you to the settings file for Castle Crashers. Open the settings.ini file with any text editing program. Change the width value to 800 and the length value to 600. Save the changes and exit the file. Attempt to launch Castle Crashers again and you should be take into gameplay. You can adjust your resolution in game again but avoid the resolution that led to the crash.

Let me know if that works so we can research it further.
i can't find a ini file
Satoshi, robot killer Oct 13, 2012 @ 2:03pm 
are you soppose to?
Originally posted by Megavore:
Also, I looked at the disk usage of castle crashers and it said it only used 215 MB, is it possible that the visuals didn't get installed (I never downloaded the demo)?
Mother★Sunar Oct 14, 2012 @ 6:52pm 
Originally posted by The Behemoth Megan:
Have you recently changed your resolution settings? This is something we've suggested for those who are unable to start up after they had changed their resolution:

If you have changed the default resolution in Castle Crashers and are unable to get the game to start after that we have a solution for you. Open the start menu of your computer and in the search bar input "settings.ini". This will take you to the settings file for Castle Crashers. Open the settings.ini file with any text editing program. Change the width value to 800 and the length value to 600. Save the changes and exit the file. Attempt to launch Castle Crashers again and you should be take into gameplay. You can adjust your resolution in game again but avoid the resolution that led to the crash.

Let me know if that works so we can research it further.

I have followed as suggested. Same problem, black screen and sound.
Angel of Death Nov 26, 2012 @ 6:52am 
this is a joke, no matter what i try, it dosnt seem to want to work, black screen with sound, and i dont have that stupid file everyones talking about!!!!
ThatGuyNamedEdd Nov 26, 2012 @ 10:56am 
Had the same problem a while back, fixed itself for no reason. Think you're out of luck here.
Mycarayne Nov 28, 2012 @ 4:07am 
Change your monitor settings to 800x600 (yes it will rearrange your desktop). Play game. Change in game settings to have the res you had on your monitor. Exit game. Change your monitor back to your old res. Start crashing castles Castle Crasher style.

You're Welcome. (PS: I hope that worked for you, it did for me =D)
EliteoHD Nov 29, 2012 @ 4:56am 
Originally posted by Mycarayne:
Change your monitor settings to 800x600 (yes it will rearrange your desktop). Play game. Change in game settings to have the res you had on your monitor. Exit game. Change your monitor back to your old res. Start crashing castles Castle Crasher style.

You're Welcome. (PS: I hope that worked for you, it did for me =D)

I did this, but it still doesn't work
I am trying to play the demo because I am not sure to buy it or not.
Please Help!!! =(
slayer Nov 29, 2012 @ 1:08pm 
I have tried to play the game and my monitor says over range even though i have played games with higer resolutions then this one.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 1, 2012 @ 9:38pm
Posts: 20