Max Payne 3 > General Discussions > Topic Details
HatredStar Dec 26, 2013 @ 12:06pm
Good job Rockstar
Best DRM ever, it just forces you to bypass it with 3rd party software, is such a robust DRM that you can't use your product even if you pay for it.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Iluin Dec 26, 2013 @ 12:09pm 
Same problem here
bloodraven43 Dec 26, 2013 @ 12:13pm 
yep i agree with the OP...well i hope rockstar is monitoring this page and fixing the problem...thats why the server is down because to buy something twice....i have a box copy with no dlc,bought the steam copy with everything yesterday..... and not be able to play it is worse then piracy itself...sort of criminal and thievery...this is why pirates exist...i hope they fix it soon or ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ and the rest of that bunch will fix it for me....lol
ed_toast Dec 26, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
EAT IT, HARVEY!
AeroSvk Dec 26, 2013 @ 12:17pm 
So it's a problem with Rockstar server in the end ? I hope that the intelligent fu*ker who invented their "Social Club" will fry in hell ... I really feel like I could have just downloaded their game and not give them a cent, because I can't use what I paid for whenever I want ... Not telling I spent 30 minuts just finding out how to bridge steav with their Social club (starting the game in windowed, otherwise it won't work, good programming Rockstar ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags...)
HatredStar Dec 26, 2013 @ 5:24pm 
Originally posted by AeroSvk:
So it's a problem with Rockstar server in the end ? I hope that the intelligent fu*ker who invented their "Social Club" will fry in hell ... I really feel like I could have just downloaded their game and not give them a cent, because I can't use what I paid for whenever I want ... Not telling I spent 30 minuts just finding out how to bridge steav with their Social club (starting the game in windowed, otherwise it won't work, good programming Rockstar ♥♥♥♥♥♥bags...)

well, you are lucky mine can't connect at all, windowed or not, first 2 times i tried to bridge the accounts it was fullscreen, 3rd time on windowed it won't even connect. I feel scamed, though i would feel worse I have paid full price for ♥♥♥♥ amateur job at DRM at best...
AeroSvk Dec 26, 2013 @ 7:18pm 
Originally posted by HatredStar:
well, you are lucky mine can't connect at all, windowed or not, first 2 times i tried to bridge the accounts it was fullscreen, 3rd time on windowed it won't even connect. I feel scamed, though i would feel worse I have paid full price for ♥♥♥♥ amateur job at DRM at best...

There is a post from some dude which says how to go around their miscompatibility between Steam and Social ♥♥♥♥ ... It has quite a lot of views and comments, you should be able to find it, it helped me and a lot of other people, give it a try man.
LightningLord Dec 26, 2013 @ 11:04pm 
Why can't all other companies just accept Steam is the only one to do DRM right?
HatredStar Dec 27, 2013 @ 4:08am 
Originally posted by AeroSvk:
Originally posted by HatredStar:
well, you are lucky mine can't connect at all, windowed or not, first 2 times i tried to bridge the accounts it was fullscreen, 3rd time on windowed it won't even connect. I feel scamed, though i would feel worse I have paid full price for ♥♥♥♥ amateur job at DRM at best...

There is a post from some dude which says how to go around their miscompatibility between Steam and Social ♥♥♥♥ ... It has quite a lot of views and comments, you should be able to find it, it helped me and a lot of other people, give it a try man.

yeah, i tried that solution too, but for some reason my game crashed when trying to run it outside of steam. I don't know, at any rate I think your costumer that PAYS you money for your product shouldn't have to find some weird solution installing from the folders your social media or some other crap and what not.

I payed and I want to use my product, I will just add Rockstar to my blacklist of companies that treats costumers like criminals and proceed to not buy any other product from them.
HatredStar Dec 27, 2013 @ 4:36am 
Well. I finally got it to work and the first 2 sentences into the intro almost made me close the game, "Americans know capitalism, you get what you pay for". I think the server problems are designed as some kind of practical joke so you get mad when you hear max payne say that.
xSlick Dec 27, 2013 @ 4:46am 
HatredStar haha
AeroSvk Dec 27, 2013 @ 6:15am 
Originally posted by HatredStar:
Well. I finally got it to work and the first 2 sentences into the intro almost made me close the game, "Americans know capitalism, you get what you pay for". I think the server problems are designed as some kind of practical joke so you get mad when you hear max payne say that.

Rockstar obviously failed at capitalism ;D I'm glad you get the game running, enjoy it :) (I personally found gameplay a bit annoying and boring but storyline is good :) )
HatredStar Dec 27, 2013 @ 8:00am 
Originally posted by AeroSvk:
Originally posted by HatredStar:
Well. I finally got it to work and the first 2 sentences into the intro almost made me close the game, "Americans know capitalism, you get what you pay for". I think the server problems are designed as some kind of practical joke so you get mad when you hear max payne say that.

Rockstar obviously failed at capitalism ;D I'm glad you get the game running, enjoy it :) (I personally found gameplay a bit annoying and boring but storyline is good :) )

I think the gameplay is fine, like the original plus modern third person shooter cover system ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, makes the game a bit too slow when you compare with the other two. Now the storyline, I just liked better the other cop cliche than the excop one, but it's ok, it's still good.
Pathfinder Dec 27, 2013 @ 8:09am 
i purchased the complete edition during the holiday sale and i still can't connect to the key server this is bs
HatredStar Dec 27, 2013 @ 8:11am 
Originally posted by Pathfinder:
i purchased the complete edition during the holiday sale and i still can't connect to the key server this is bs

Keep on trying on windowed mode, at some point it might just work like it did for me...
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 26, 2013 @ 12:06pm
Posts: 14