Posted: November 23
This is a tough game for me to recommmend, would love it there was a 'Neutral' button on Steam. It's beautiful and the music is amazing, but the game feels shallow. The ending is nice, but it comes after slowly walking for 90+ minutes.
The last chapter feels most enjoyable, I'm not sure who would want to play through the first two though to get to that point honestly.
Suggestions for improvement
- Keep the user engaged more consistently through the narrartion. More talking, even if it's minor thoughts.
- Interactions. Something to feel like you're actually engaged in the world
- Make it more linear, if the point is pushing the story forward and the are no 'Easter Eggs' or 'rewards' for exploring make it so someone can't 'Get Lost'
- Subtitles - Could be more interesting, could be used as typograhic art that scrolls or changes in size and font to fit the mood. They felt drab and did little for immersion, so I turned them off
- Abilty to walk faster...jog even. Less of an issue if it was more linear, but going 'The wrong Way' then back tracking is tiresome here
- Camera: Make more dynamic, small bobbing as the character walks