Crusader Kings II

Crusader Kings II

View Stats:
danheg Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:18am
false advertisement
I noticed that the weekend special is oriented on Paradox. While I recognize (and find it reasonable) that the new DLC is not on sale, the advertisement for the special says WHOLE catalog.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Swag Master D Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Probably when they have specified CK sale, the Old Gods will get a slight discount.
At least, that's what I'm hoping for.
Vargas78 Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:38am 
Though its kind of selfish of me i'm actually slightly relieved as i bought the old gods just two days ago :)

Still, i agree with your point.
Last edited by Vargas78; Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:38am
Anastarian Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:50am 
Someone at Valve either needs to learn what the word "entire" means or to work out where * is. Because my hopes, they rose so high and then fell so low. (I also kinda think it's a rip to be asking $15 for a new expansion and then still need portraits and music seperate)
Hesh Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:51am 
Definitely false advertising; my dreams were also crushed
Magikarp Jun 20, 2013 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by Anastarian:
Someone at Valve either needs to learn what the word "entire" means or to work out where * is. Because my hopes, they rose so high and then fell so low. (I also kinda think it's a rip to be asking $15 for a new expansion and then still need portraits and music seperate)

especially since false advertising is illegal in most countrys
Spunkmeyer Jun 20, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
Originally posted by Anastarian:
Someone at Valve either needs to learn what the word "entire" means or to work out where * is. Because my hopes, they rose so high and then fell so low. (I also kinda think it's a rip to be asking $15 for a new expansion and then still need portraits and music seperate)

Think of it this way, it's rather pay 15$ (or less in a future sale) for the essential stuff, compared 20$ for the same with portraits or music included. Want all, pay more - but those who don't want the fluff don't have to.
Anastarian Jun 20, 2013 @ 12:24pm 
Originally posted by Spunkmeyer:
Think of it this way, it's rather pay 15$ (or less in a future sale) for the essential stuff, compared 20$ for the same with portraits or music included. Want all, pay more - but those who don't want the fluff don't have to.

I definitely agree with your point, but both Sword of Islam and The Republic are $9.99 (I think Legacy of Rome was as well) and now The Old Gods is $15. Call it miserly of me, but I don't really know what justifies the upped price. And yes, I do get funny about it when games insist on releasing DLC after DLC.
Flavius Jun 20, 2013 @ 12:38pm 
bummer, was looking for the DLC as well
A Depressed Wildebeest Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:08pm 
I'm sure we'll see a Hearts of Iron sale, EU3 sale, and CK2 sale over the weekend. I would wait for those sale days for 75% off the base games plus DLC sales for CK2.
Last edited by A Depressed Wildebeest; Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:09pm
codypyroorr Jun 20, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Originally posted by A Depressed Wildebeest:
I'm sure we'll see a Hearts of Iron sale, EU3 sale, and CK2 sale over the weekend. I would wait for those sale days for 75% off the base games plus DLC sales for CK2.
Waiting for the day it actually goes on sale is a strange idea!
Vargas78 Jun 20, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
There was a CK2 75 percent off sale about 3 weeks ago i think. Not sure if Old Gods was included in that though.
Avionauta Jun 20, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by Vargas78:
There was a CK2 75 percent off sale about 3 weeks ago i think. Not sure if Old Gods was included in that though.
No last DLCs wasn't included
Magikarp Jun 20, 2013 @ 3:34pm 
The point isn’t so much that the DLC is not on sale, but that it basically is advertised as being on sale. I’d have been surprised if it was on sale during the summer sale, leave alone any time earlier.
Nats Jun 20, 2013 @ 3:34pm 
All I can see is that it says 'up to 50% off publisher catalogue', doesnt say 'discounts on entire catalogue' at all. And 'up to' means anything between 0% and 50%.
Last edited by Nats; Jun 20, 2013 @ 3:36pm
Anastarian Jun 20, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by Nats:
All I can see is that it says 'up to 50% off publisher catalogue', doesnt say 'entire catalogue' at all.

Because they changed it.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Jun 20, 2013 @ 10:18am
Posts: 22