Thmoto1989 Feb 26, 2013 @ 5:30pm
Are there any essential mods to improve the single player game?
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there are any essential mods that you would reccomend which would improve the single player game. As the launch screen asks which mods I would like to apply before even playing for the first time I am assuming there are a few out there.

Looking for interface/bug fix/gameplay etc.
Not looking for seperate campaigns such as the game of thrones mod etc.

Note I do not have any DLC at this point in time but am happy to download any which would be suggested.

Thanks in advance!
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
eagleFMJ Feb 26, 2013 @ 5:37pm 
I just started using CK2Plus http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587854-CK2Plus-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambitions-and-plots

After playing vanilla for awile I am really liking it so far, adds alot of new things to the game, fixes etc. Made by one of the Paradox development team members.
Last edited by eagleFMJ; Feb 26, 2013 @ 5:40pm
Senjin hraje Feb 26, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Originally posted by eagleFMJ:
I just started using CK2Plus http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?587854-CK2Plus-Balance-improvements-more-kingdoms-and-empires-more-ambitions-and-plots

After playing vanilla for awile I am really liking it so far, adds alot of new things to the game, fixes etc. Made by one of the Paradox development team members.

Is there any problem if I play this mod with some DLCs ? Or do I need to play it without them ? Thank you
Staf De Clercq Feb 26, 2013 @ 7:48pm 
CK2Plus is compatilbe with the dlc, no problem. I personally love it with the flavorfull titular titles addition. It adds a lot of options and makes each game more diverse, especially if you play the shattered world scenario.
eagleFMJ Feb 26, 2013 @ 8:18pm 
Originally posted by Staf De Clercq:
shattered world scenario.

I didn't select that option when I started this time, should I? I didn't know much about this option before starting.
JC-CA Hess Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:12pm 
Originally posted by eagleFMJ:
Originally posted by Staf De Clercq:
shattered world scenario.

I didn't select that option when I started this time, should I? I didn't know much about this option before starting.
It is baasicly every province is it own country. but if you want something like that then get the "A new world" mod it does the same thing but each province starts with its own culture and religion. and starts at year 90 or something and goes to like 115230 or something like that so you basicly will never finish unless you conqeur the entirety of europe. but next update for it the creater will be adding a new map to.
Staf De Clercq Feb 27, 2013 @ 4:50pm 
Yeah, like that, but not as complicated. I prefer it to have some aspect of reality, but I think it's really fun to start with everyone separate and see how they grow. It's harder at the beginning and with the Ck2plus additions life is quite a bit deadlier in the middle ages.
Last edited by Staf De Clercq; Feb 27, 2013 @ 4:50pm
Thmoto1989 Feb 27, 2013 @ 9:25pm 
I can't find the "A new world" mod you've spoken of, it interests me greatly. Can someone link me to it please?
eagleFMJ Feb 28, 2013 @ 5:21pm 
Here ya go http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?638632-MOD-A-New-World-The-Dawn-of-Empires

I tried to load this mod and its not working like it's supposed to, I have black flags all over the place, it is a known issue and may be fixed in the next version soon, and yes I have tried all the tips posted to resolve this.

eagle
Last edited by eagleFMJ; Feb 28, 2013 @ 5:22pm
vortex_13 Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:25pm 
Ck2+, Prince and the Thane, Game of Thrones Mod are all excellent.
Thmoto1989 Feb 28, 2013 @ 8:41pm 
Mod works fine for me,it's so hectic at the start though, war after war after ward all within 2 years.
+ULFBERH+T Mar 1, 2013 @ 1:00am 
Those mods are only accessible for registered memebers, which is just annoying. :P
Nuddle Mar 1, 2013 @ 3:01am 
Originally posted by +ULFBERH+T:
Those mods are only accessible for registered memebers, which is just annoying. :P

then buy the game? :>
+ULFBERH+T Mar 1, 2013 @ 3:29am 
Originally posted by Nuddle:
then buy the game? :>

I own the game on steam (if you bother to check), and now I have to register a different account at its website. It is just annoying.

Another thing I don't understand is that games require additional CD keys here on steam.
Nuddle Mar 1, 2013 @ 5:42am 
Originally posted by +ULFBERH+T:
Originally posted by Nuddle:
then buy the game? :>

I own the game on steam (if you bother to check), and now I have to register a different account at its website. It is just annoying.

Another thing I don't understand is that games require additional CD keys here on steam.

my bad then, just seen my fair share of "please help me, i've got a hacked version" comments, but yea totally agree with ye on that, the paradox signing up sucks.

The CD key thing is (i assume) just steam having a wierd system.
Last edited by Nuddle; Mar 1, 2013 @ 5:43am
Staf De Clercq Mar 1, 2013 @ 11:07am 
First world problems.
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 26, 2013 @ 5:30pm
Posts: 17