Posted: June 29, 2014
+ interesting game/race modes
+ great looking tracks
+ good stearing aside from
- bad cornering mechanics
- no slide mechanics which takes a lot of the fun and speed out of the game
- not enough tracks to make them entertaining (only 15 + mirrored version)
- demotivating and unfair power up system
- long loading times (on SSD, probably due to some online features)
- unskippable multiplayer setup cutscenes
- no custom set up (no damage, no powerups etc.) available in multiplayer (only single track possible and that's frustrating due to loading times)
- races can only be unlocked in carreer (single player) but are required to be unlocked if to be hosted in a multiplayer session
- useless DLC (aside from the four tracks)
To make it short, the races don't feel like a fun kart racer. Due to very frustrating power up and repair mechanics it is often luck and not skill. Boosting is only possible with power ups, boost jumps or specific boost sections in corners (not every corner though). You'll find yourself being frustrated instead of having fun a lot of times.
It's a last resort buy for me - I recommend getting "Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed" instead. Alternatively you could just for a better game to be released on the PC - or just play the original: Mario Kart is still the way to go in this genre.