Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone

Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone

How do I get good at this game?
I've been playing it for several months, and I still can't get past the first boss, which is some skeleton guy. Also, how do I save the game? I noticed that this game only has an auto save feature, which saves your game at infrequent points, making it difficult to start off where you last left off.
Last edited by DesuMaiden (freudxxx); Apr 8, 2014 @ 3:32am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
CBanana Apr 8, 2014 @ 8:44am 
Some tips:
- Learn to combo. One simple combo that gets granted fairly early in the game goes attack, up+attack, forward+attack
- When fighting a boss and playing as Arche remember that she's the tank of the party. Your goal is more to keep damage off of Sana and Stella than to contribute to damage. Blocking (using up) at the right time is important.
- Some people say that it's easier to play as Sana or Stella rather than Arche
- You can save at fountains, Arche's home, inns or the school nurse.
I think it was at the first boss that I turned the difficult down from normal to easy.
Skodo Apr 8, 2014 @ 3:16pm 
turn level difficulty to easy and grind: kill monsters-level up-take coins and buy better weapons and armor.
Originally posted by QuintSakugarne:
I think it was at the first boss that I turned the difficult down from normal to easy.
I did the same thing.
Liro Raériyo May 15, 2014 @ 10:48pm 
i just cranked it up to max difficulty from the get-go, died against the very first slime three times, i just eventually started to get better and sooner or later i discovered some godly combos and really learned their attack patterns, i didnt learn to block until much later though, i only ever really started using it consistently with the dragon boss because i just couldent find any way to dodge or predict his attacks, won that fight with next to no health left (i dont use healing items very much, i had dozens of that still)
Malaria Sama Jul 6, 2014 @ 7:39pm 
Skeleton strat I used:
------------------------------
-Stock up on all the health items you can afford.

-Avoid the sleep spells as best as you can. Eventually, he stops using the sleep spell (don't quote me on that).

-Aggro him on the sword girl, which you will be in control of, and tank his hits by blocking (up arrow key).

-The magic girl will now poke away at him with her attacks, and heal you when you need it.

-Heal yourself while blocking when magic girl runs out of mana (F key).

-Whenever he aggros at magic girl, clobber him with sword combos (or spam) until he aggros back at you, then resume blocking. Repeat until he dies.

-Try to anticipate and dodge his unblockable down stab, but as long as you keep your health up, it won't kill you.
------------------------------
It can be hard to get it perfect at first, but once you manage to deplete his sleep spells, and successfully get him aggro'd on the sword girl, it becomes a test of patience. It worked for me, and I'm on my first playthrough of the game with the max first play difficulty.

Oh, and you can save at the Inn next to your house. I don't know why the MC would sleep at an inn when her house is next door, but you can save there anytime.
Originally posted by Liro Raeriyo:
i just cranked it up to max difficulty from the get-go, died against the very first slime three times, i just eventually started to get better and sooner or later i discovered some godly combos and really learned their attack patterns, i didnt learn to block until much later though, i only ever really started using it consistently with the dragon boss because i just couldent find any way to dodge or predict his attacks, won that fight with next to no health left (i dont use healing items very much, i had dozens of that still)
You are a pretty skilled person, I must say.
OrbVeggie Jan 3, 2015 @ 4:35am 
Originally posted by Haykil:
I've been playing it for several months, and I still can't get past the first boss, which is some skeleton guy. Also, how do I save the game? I noticed that this game only has an auto save feature, which saves your game at infrequent points, making it difficult to start off where you last left off.


Git gud, ♥♥♥
Tea ❀ Jan 4, 2015 @ 5:39am 
I think of it like dark souls. Some people learn it, others grind, many give up. This game requires you to learn, or plan (ideally both) not to die.
Kneo24 Jan 4, 2015 @ 10:50am 
Like anything else in life, practice. This game does get a lot harder.
Casul Jan 4, 2015 @ 12:01pm 
"It's like Dark Souls with lolis" -IGN
TBC Jan 4, 2015 @ 5:38pm 
Originally posted by Haykil:
Originally posted by Liro Raeriyo:
i just cranked it up to max difficulty from the get-go, died against the very first slime three times, i just eventually started to get better and sooner or later i discovered some godly combos and really learned their attack patterns, i didnt learn to block until much later though, i only ever really started using it consistently with the dragon boss because i just couldent find any way to dodge or predict his attacks, won that fight with next to no health left (i dont use healing items very much, i had dozens of that still)
You are a pretty skilled person, I must say.
I had it cranked up to max from the start and the first slime only got me down to 57 HP when I was messing around with my keyboard on my first try o.0 lol.

But those damn bats... Took me a try to get the hang of their patterns.
Groen90 Jan 5, 2015 @ 1:59am 
Yes, the bats are bad, but do we want to talk about those frog people? Those are evil. There's that part in the shrine of the wind, where you have to go underwater with Sana and they throw at you something like 3 or 4 of them, complete wth their mage that heals them. And if you get Sana killed before managing to hit the switch, you can't progress. I don't know how many times I went back out or straight out reloaded the game...
TBC Jan 5, 2015 @ 6:49am 
Ouch o.o I'll keep my eye out for that part lol.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 15 30 50