Tomb Raider > General Discussions > Topic Details
1dsimmer Apr 20, 2013 @ 9:23am
tomb raider has really low fps for me
the fps is horrible on my computer even on low settings it gets worse is there a way to get high fps dont tell me to buy another computer dont have enough money also is high precision and post proccessing the same thing
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Inertia Apr 20, 2013 @ 10:31am 
Did you try lowering the resolution in the settings?

I'm not sure about high precision or post processing as I have those turned off on my pc.
Revenant121 Apr 20, 2013 @ 12:33pm 
Help us out here, what CPU and GPU are you running?
1dsimmer Apr 20, 2013 @ 1:15pm 
777mhz-1400mhz cpu proessing speed do you know what high precision and post processing do

Originally posted by Revenant121:
Help us out here, what CPU and GPU are you running?
Uh Oh! Apr 20, 2013 @ 1:22pm 
Get a job, save some money, buy a new computer
notprogress Apr 20, 2013 @ 1:27pm 
there is no magic solution... id say play others games.
1dsimmer Apr 20, 2013 @ 2:26pm 
i just want to get at least 30 fps without lowering to low ugly settings
Inertia Apr 20, 2013 @ 4:26pm 
Just change the game's resolution to 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600 in the options.
This will let you keep normal or high settings with better fps
T-Stunna Apr 20, 2013 @ 11:21pm 
Chances are, your GPU is weak, meaning there is no way to run it smoothly while looking good....
KFORCE-K4 Apr 20, 2013 @ 11:26pm 
Originally posted by hizlyrikz:
i just want to get at least 30 fps without lowering to low ugly settings

Its like if you have a super nes and want to play games with ps2 graphics.

Your cpu speed is between 0.7 and 1.4ghz, far lower than the minimum needed. Next time you want to play a game using your setup check the system requirements.

Also ... Get better hardware!
JackLaVaporiera Apr 21, 2013 @ 3:27pm 
Beside the game doesn't looks ugly even at the lowest settings, 777mhz-1400mhz in NOT an answer, by the way High precision I think refers to floating point operations and post processing is....post processing, filters applied after frame rendering is done and has HIGH impact on performance on mid end machine and kills low end ones...
rough_edges Apr 21, 2013 @ 5:35pm 
Originally posted by hizlyrikz:
the fps is horrible on my computer even on low settings it gets worse is there a way to get high fps dont tell me to buy another computer dont have enough money also is high precision and post proccessing the same thing
Have the same problem. I am runnung on a 2.0 GHz core 2 duo with a 512 Mb ati card and 3 GB of RAM. Any suggestions?
Gareki no Kami Apr 21, 2013 @ 6:17pm 
I don't think you all will get good frame rates with hardware that outdated. :-( Turn everything to Normal and turn Hair Quality to Normal, Depth of Field to Off, SSAO Off, uncheck Tessellation, Post Processing and High Precision. If you can't run it OK at that point then you know it's your hardware that's really lacking. Oh and if your resolution is 1440 or 1600p, turn it down to 1080 or 720 and see if that helps.
rough_edges Apr 22, 2013 @ 10:51am 
It runs fine normally, 25-30 fps, but when i get ot some fire fights then fram rate plummets. I'll try your suggestions, thanks! hought it might be something else, as I can run xcom and the new simcity on medium without any problems. I was just wondering what options have the biggest effect on the frame rate.
Last edited by rough_edges; Apr 22, 2013 @ 11:01am
rough_edges Apr 22, 2013 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by Gareki no Kami:
I don't think you all will get good frame rates with hardware that outdated. :-( Turn everything to Normal and turn Hair Quality to Normal, Depth of Field to Off, SSAO Off, uncheck Tessellation, Post Processing and High Precision. If you can't run it OK at that point then you know it's your hardware that's really lacking. Oh and if your resolution is 1440 or 1600p, turn it down to 1080 or 720 and see if that helps.
Even though your suggestions raised the settings from what I had it actually imporved the frame rate for some strange reason, thanks for the advice!
mra2647 Aug 17 @ 1:26pm 
I'm glad I don't have these problems...mine runs fine at 60 fps using a Gforce GTX 860m card w/2gigs-ram, 16Gb ram installed a 4th gen. quad-core i7 at 2.4Gh up to 3.3 Gh and some other stuff...UPGRADE I say !!
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 20, 2013 @ 9:23am
Posts: 20