Tomb Raider > General Discussions > Topic Details
Spackeck Ittee Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:02am
What is the Order of this Series?
It doesn't make sense! Why don't they have an intuitive order like this:
Tomb Raider
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 3
etc.
So can somebody please give me a list of all the Tomb Raider games (that are on Steam) in order of release? Thankyou in advance!
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
GrimAquatic Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:04am 
On Steam they have roman numbers in their titles. They are numbered in order of release.
Spackeck Ittee Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:05am 
Originally posted by GrimAquatic:
On Steam they have roman numbers in their titles. They are numbered in order of release.
Are they all numbered in this way or are there are there some that aren't numbered like in Assassin's Creed?
GrimAquatic Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:12am 
Apparently they didn't go to nine. Yes, three of them not numbered. Legends, Anniversary and Underworld. They were release in that order.

Incidentally, you could find it out on Wikipedia faster that it took you to create your post.
Spackeck Ittee Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:15am 
Originally posted by GrimAquatic:
Apparently they didn't go to nine. Yes, three of them not numbered. Legends, Anniversary and Underworld. They were release in that order.

Incidentally, you could find it out on Wikipedia faster that it took you to create your post.
So I should play Anniversary (which I already have), then the rest in order, then Legend, then Underworld, then Tomb Raider (2013)?
And I'm actually allergic to Wikipedia.
SmithDoc Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:19am 
That's a good order. If you play Tomb Raider 2013 first it will be more difficult to play the older game if you haven't played them before.
Last edited by SmithDoc; Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:19am
Spackeck Ittee Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:22am 
Originally posted by Hajj628:
That's a good order. If you play Tomb Raider 2013 first it will be more difficult to play the older game if you haven't played them before.
Yeah, I only have Anniversary, but I intend to play through the whole series. Have you played them all? What is your experience like? Did you enjoy them?
SmithDoc Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:27am 
I've played them all. My favorites are Anniversary, Underworld, and Tomb Raider 2013. Legends is a little too easy, personally, but you need to play it to understand the story in Underworld. In my opinion the Crystal Dynamics games are so much better than the older games, which have aged terribly. Maybe play Tomb Raider II or III if you're interested in the classic series. Avoid Chronicles (which is just random missions) and Angel of Darkness.
Spackeck Ittee Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:29am 
Originally posted by Hajj628:
I've played them all. My favorites are Anniversary, Underworld, and Tomb Raider 2013. Legends is a little too easy, personally, but you need to play it to understand the story in Underworld. In my opinion the Crystal Dynamics games are so much better than the older games, which have aged terribly. Maybe play Tomb Raider II or III if you're interested in the classic series. Avoid Chronicles (which is just random missions) and Angel of Darkness.
Okay, thanks for the advice!
GrimAquatic Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:33am 
Originally posted by SpaceKitty646:
So I should play Anniversary (which I already have), then the rest in order, then Legend, then Underworld, then Tomb Raider (2013)?
And I'm actually allergic to Wikipedia.

No. You should play Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles, Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb raider: Underworld and finally Tomb Raider [2013].
Spackeck Ittee Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:35am 
Originally posted by GrimAquatic:
Originally posted by SpaceKitty646:
So I should play Anniversary (which I already have), then the rest in order, then Legend, then Underworld, then Tomb Raider (2013)?
And I'm actually allergic to Wikipedia.

No. You should play Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles, Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb raider: Underworld and finally Tomb Raider [2013].
So...why should I play Tomb Raider (first one) at all, if Anniversary is simply a remake?
SmithDoc Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:55am 
Don't mind those older Core games, unless you're interested in doing some videogame archaeology...which can admittedly be fun, but you have to be in the right mood. Anniversary successfully brought classic (or 'antique') Tomb Raider into the contemporary world.
Last edited by SmithDoc; Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:58am
GrimAquatic Mar 31, 2013 @ 3:20am 
Originally posted by SpaceKitty646:
So...why should I play Tomb Raider (first one) at all, if Anniversary is simply a remake?

Because it's original and worth playing.
↑RiseOfTheWeeaboo↑ Mar 31, 2013 @ 3:46am 
It's never a bad thing to experience the true thing that started it all. However, if you don't mind that much, I'd just stick with Anniversary. Especially if you're new to the series and prefer the newer titles.
SmithDoc Mar 31, 2013 @ 5:10am 
Originally posted by Grapey:
The Last Revelation is great. Screw all y'all! :p

it's alright. that tutorial level is atrocious, though..
fenke Mar 31, 2013 @ 8:01am 
Originally posted by GrimAquatic:
Originally posted by SpaceKitty646:
So I should play Anniversary (which I already have), then the rest in order, then Legend, then Underworld, then Tomb Raider (2013)?
And I'm actually allergic to Wikipedia.

No. You should play Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles, Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness, Tomb Raider: Legend, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Tomb raider: Underworld and finally Tomb Raider [2013].

I'd put Anniversary before Legend because legend ties into underworld, but basically this is the order to play them in. If you don't like the first series, spacekitty, jump right ahead to Angel of Darkness.
Showing 1-15 of 20 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 31, 2013 @ 2:02am
Posts: 20