killmyrene Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:42am
Hitman Absolution not working with nvidia
Hello, Im currently using Alienware m11xR2 with Nvidia card and as the title says, the game is not working with an nvidia card for me. I mean, the game crashes as soon as it opens and before the launcher shows up. I looked at the mdmp file in the folder at it says that I got an error "The thread tries to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have an appropriate access".

The reason I said its not working with nvidia is that I tried running the game using the CPU(Intel) card and the game works well but it is SO SLOOOWWW!! (5fps) so the problem lies in the nvidia software, not the game itself. This means that verifying the game cache, turning off antivirus, renaming the game or reinstalling it is irrelevant as I already did those and still not working.

I've already updated the driver to 310.70 and still doesnt solve the problem. I'm starting to hate NVIDIA now for not making me play this awesome game.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Scrapy Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:47am 
arg, laptops.... would not have a clue, apart from those things generally have low to mid range cards, maybe you have dx 11 settings turned on? try to disable them, see if you can run the game with everything on lowest settings possible.

try giving the game/steam admin rights.
killmyrene Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:50am 
I dont have dx11 but its running with my CPU so thats probably not the problem. And my other games run on around 30fps on high settings with nvidia card so I expect that game to be roughly that fast. I already did the admin rights but still doesnt work
Scrapy Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:59am 
do you have any antivirus software running? try disabling it.. ( one guy mentioned in a thread he had to uninstall his, bitdefender it was called )

if you can get to the launcher and change settings, disable MSAA, FXAA, and SSAO, then try your nvidia card again.

also make sure your directx is updated
killmyrene Dec 21, 2012 @ 12:53pm 
Originally posted by Scrapy:
do you have any antivirus software running? try disabling it.. ( one guy mentioned in a thread he had to uninstall his, bitdefender it was called )

if you can get to the launcher and change settings, disable MSAA, FXAA, and SSAO, then try your nvidia card again.

also make sure your directx is updated

OMG I cant believe it. After uninstalling avast it.....still not working sigh. And I thought that this is a viable solution :(. I believe my directx is updated since whenever a game is first installed, usually steam install the stuff before running the game like directx.

X-COM Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:10pm 
Troubleshooting 101:
1. Verify Integrity of Hitman:Absolution with Steam
2. Install DirectX from Microsoft Website
3. Install The newest Video Driver for your Video Card
4. Install The newest Sound Driver for your Sound card
5. Try opening Hitman on a fresh Restart, Close all other Useless programs (IE:Firefox, IE, Messengers etc All Background programs~)

6. Make sure your computer can handle the game

All Else fails and you want it to work by a small chance, Re-install windows, Re-install all current drivers + Direct X and all Windows updates, Then install Steam and only download/install Hitman.

if none of this works, well, I think its a hardware problem because you would have isolated 90% of the issues leaving 10% to hardware conflict~



((IN YOUR CASE, LAPTOPS ARE NOT MEANT FOR GAMING ON THIS TYPE OF SCALE OF GRAPHICS, OVERHEATING ISSUES ETC))
killmyrene Apr 15, 2013 @ 10:06am 
Thanks but I bet that the instructions is not going to work even though I never done it. I already played the game in my brother's laptop and it runs great, probably better than my alienware laptop. So yeah maybe I had a hardware problem on my laptop
Samalot Apr 16, 2013 @ 5:46am 
Originally posted by killmyrene:
Thanks but I bet that the instructions is not going to work even though I never done it. I already played the game in my brother's laptop and it runs great, probably better than my alienware laptop. So yeah maybe I had a hardware problem on my laptop
It sounds like it must be a problem on your end - Hitman Absolution runs like a dream on my Acer Aspire 5750G and that's not as powerful as your alienware laptop. I use an nvidia 540m.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 21, 2012 @ 10:42am
Posts: 7