Posted: January 24
7 out of 10
Another Assassins Creed episode. This one sees Etzio Auditore travel to Istanbul to recover keys. The keys will unlock Altair's library. As always you are Desmond Miles reliving history captured in his genes.
In short if you liked previous Assassins Creed episodes then you will like this one. There is a lot to like but also a lot to hate intensely. It really feels like this game could have been so much better.
1. For the first time I actually liked Etzio as character. In fact all characters are quite likeable except Desmond who continues to be a ♥♥♥♥.
2. In general stuff to do, unlock, collect and missions.
3. Istanbul is a sad destination compared to colorful Italy before.
4. You constantly have to send your assassin allies to take on missions in foreign cities. It becomes quite a pain to constantly search for a pigeon loft.
5. Control training is not available on command. If you are lucky you can catch a specific type of training while the game loads.
6. Very little about the story behind the story. Also no Abstergo puzzles, a highlight for me in previous games.
7. The game was too long to keep my attention.
8. Unfortunately like previous Assassins Creed episodes, combat is pathetic. I attack a highlighted enemy however Etzio/Altair would rather attack my ally next to the enemy. Also if an ally stands next to an enemy when you passionate him your ally will be caught in a double assignation.
9. The new "history" garbage played out in 1st person mode. What twaddle is this? Only for masochists.
10. Screen flashing the PC desktop.