Torchlight II

Torchlight II

View Stats:
Ringo Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:38am
Recipes you've discovered.
Wondering if anyone has found recipes not given to you by default. I've only found one so far. 2 set items produces another random set item.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Hexenhammer Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:42am 
combine potions of the same type/level to make a more powerful one.

4 uniques = 1 new unique.
Hexenhammer Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:44am 
OH! be careful with combining gems. after the second or third combine they become something else. sort of hard to explain.
Ringo Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:48am 
Yeah, the potions, gems, and unique recipe are given to you. Well, unless it unlocks more as you level because all of those were listed when I went and looked for the first time. Sure they had a 'question mark' but you could see the recipe. I'm more talking about ones that give you a new entry in the list. Like the 2 set items I mentioned. Kinda obvious entry but it's not given to you.

Though I didn't know about gems turning into something else. Unless you mean turning it into a different gem? Like combining poison gems and on the third time it gives you a fire gem?
Last edited by Ringo; Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:49am
Dire Miralis Sep 21, 2012 @ 3:16am 
2 spell scrolls will provide you with 1 new spell scroll.
[EcG] Losty Sep 21, 2012 @ 1:31pm 
When it says 'unique', does it mean an orange item? I'm used to WoW/Rift/Diablo callin them legendaries, but steam didn't give the achievement for it. And is it of any type? So I can put 4 of any type, or would it need to be like 4 helms = 1 new helm.
Ringo Sep 21, 2012 @ 5:56pm 
Yeah, uniques are orange colored. It says the item type as well on the tooltip. Unique, rare, enchanted.

Still haven't found any new ones though I did craft all the pots I found like 5 tiers higher than I need (meaning one pot heals for far more than my max hp).

Not like I really use pots anyways with my Healing Bot, self heals, and heal spell.
Last edited by Ringo; Sep 21, 2012 @ 5:57pm
espadas2142 Sep 21, 2012 @ 7:09pm 
The spell cant be brought?
Hexenhammer Sep 21, 2012 @ 7:24pm 
Tis will have to be double checked but so far gems don't upgrade like potions do. If you

I combined three yellow gems of the same type thinking I'd get a more powerful gem of the same type like in Diablo. Instead of I got a void ember gem that gives mana regen.
Age Sep 26, 2012 @ 8:11pm 
Originally posted by Hexenhammer:
Tis will have to be double checked but so far gems don't upgrade like potions do. If you

I combined three yellow gems of the same type thinking I'd get a more powerful gem of the same type like in Diablo. Instead of I got a void ember gem that gives mana regen.


I endded up gettina buch of gems like that and as a result my embermage now has 17 mana per sec regen. And I only have 179 mana it rechaning faster then the mana in D3 and I no longer need mana pots lol.
Sanjuru Sep 26, 2012 @ 10:43pm 
You can get Void / Blood and Iron ember gems out of it (correct me if im missing one).
Always on the same LvL as the used gems ( specks = Void/... speck usw. dont know how it is with higher gems then shard's).
Last edited by Sanjuru; Sep 26, 2012 @ 10:44pm
Solid Cobra Sep 27, 2012 @ 11:40am 
Interesting thing about the gems, NEVER use a smaller gem with a larger gem to get a new one. EX. Speck + Shard + Shard = Speck
MadZec Sep 27, 2012 @ 11:45am 
@Solid Cobra
thanks on warning for gems but I alredy tried :( lost 2 lvl 36 gems to one lvl 8 :(
AlliCat Sep 27, 2012 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by Hexenhammer:
OH! be careful with combining gems. after the second or third combine they become something else. sort of hard to explain.


Originally posted by Solid Cobra:
Interesting thing about the gems, NEVER use a smaller gem with a larger gem to get a new one. EX. Speck + Shard + Shard = Speck

Gems are completely random, it's not a "after second or third" or "mix this size with this" sort of thing.

http://torchlight.wikia.com/wiki/Gems_%28T2%29
compassghost Sep 27, 2012 @ 12:05pm 
Speck + 2 Shards has a 33% chance of getting Speck and 67% chance of getting Shards. I've tried it out. Same with Uniques if you have 4 different levels of Uniques, it'll pick one of four at random.
Rhaegys Jul 15, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
Originally posted by compassghost:
Speck + 2 Shards has a 33% chance of getting Speck and 67% chance of getting Shards. I've tried it out. Same with Uniques if you have 4 different levels of Uniques, it'll pick one of four at random.
For what you say it just gives you one of the 4 at random? nothing better? cuz then I don't see the point. :(
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Sep 21, 2012 @ 2:38am
Posts: 22