Here is a quick check list to run through if you are having issues running Worms Revolution on your PC.NOTE:
Before posting any problems that you have, please first :
1. Check all of the information on this page to resolve the issue
2. Use the “Search discussions
” box to ensure your bug hasn't already been reported.
3. Double check the Solved Problems
forum to ensure that your bug hasn't already been addressed.
If it has been included in the forums already, then please feel free to post in that existing thread to add your supporting information/DxDiag.
If you've found a bug that’s not been reported yet, then please start a new thread in this sub forum using the template below:OVERVIEW:
A brief description of the issue.STEPS:
The steps required to reliably recreate the issue.
1. Launch the game
2. Select Single Player
A description of what will happen after following the steps.EXPECTED RESULT:
A description of what you expect to happen.
Check you meet the minimum specifications
These are OS
: Windows XPProcessor
: Dual Core CPUMemory
: 2 GB RAMGraphics
: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (256 MB), Intel HD3000 or Radeon HD 3650 (512 MB)Other Requirements
: Broadband Internet connectionVerify integrity of game cache
If you are having problems getting the game to launch or you are experiencing random crashes, it might be that the game did not install correctly. Please use Steam’s validation check at least twice because sometimes it can report no problems on its first pass.
1. Load Steam
2. From the Library section, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
Update your graphics driver
Visit your graphic card manufacturers' website and download and install the latest driver. If you have a laptop, you may have to visit the laptop manufacturer’s website in order to obtain the latest driver. Please note that these can often be a few revisions behind the reference driver. If may be worth contacting your laptop manufacturer to see if they plan to update the driver soon.Integrated graphics
We've had a lot of issues where the game is running through integrated Intel graphics as opposed to high-performance Nvida/ATI cards.
If you want to run the game through your dedicated graphics card, you will need to refer to your computers manufacturers documents or instructions if you are unsure on how to do this, or contact the manufacturer directly if you do not have these documents. Please be aware that this process can be different with each machine. Below are some sites that you may find useful:V-Synch
For performance or mouse-lag issues, try disabling the v-synch option in your graphics driver.Crash on Start Up
There may be an issue with Intel HD3000 cards crashing on launch when using certain drivers. Intel have released a driver update (126.96.36.199.3062[downloadmirror.intel.com]
) which fixes this issue.
To update your drivers please follow the steps below:
1. Go to http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx?lang=eng
2. Select the ‘Continue’ button underneath ‘Intel® Driver Update Utility’
3. Select the button in the centre of the screen titled ‘Check your system for the latest updates’.
4. Give permission to run Java.
5. Give permission to run Java plug-in ‘SysReqLab.cab’ (or System Requirement Lab).
6. Download any new versions of drivers for your Intel graphics card.
Alternatively the latest driver can be found here[downloadcenter.intel.com]
Please refer to Steam's Troubleshooting Network Connectivity guide: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=1456-EUDN-2493Other issues?
Contact our support team
- Some ATI graphics cards may experience banding in the shadows – updated drivers fix this for some cards, discussions are on-going with ATI to resolve remaining issues.
- Anti-aliasing is provided through NVidia’s FXAA shader solution. This is a complex shader and will not compile on all graphics cards. If the shader will not compile, the option is greyed out.
- There is no FPS cap, some drivers do not properly support the option to disable v-synch. If your card can render at 59.999 FPS but v-sych is turned on, then it will lock at 30 FPS. The only way around this is to force v-synch to off in your driver.
If you are still experiencing issues then can you please send your DxDiag to email@example.com
along with a description of your exact problem and we'll have a look into this. NOTE:
Please remember to tell the support team that you are having issues with Worms Revolution and explain what those issues are, they are receiving a lot of blank emails with only DxDiags attached. They need to know what is wrong to be able to help.[/i]
To gather your DirectX info:1.
Hold down the Windows Key and press R2.
The Run dialog should appear. Type dxdiag in the available text field.3.
Click Save All Information5.
Set the Save as type to Text File (*.txt)6.
Save the file DxDiag.txt to your Desktop so it is easy to find.7.
Attach the DxDiag.txt file in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR
upload the DxDiag to a free text hosting site and post the link into a thread.