Here are the patch notes for our February 24th game update. Please note Nosgoth is currently in maintenance mode while we push out this game update, so is not currently available to play. Check back soon!
The Vanguard is now available! Equipped with mighty throwing axes and a shield, the Vanguard can take more punishment than any human class that has come before, but his long range damage potential is limited. His abilities focus on using his shield to disrupt or disable enemies and secondary support powers to enhance or protect teammates.
Unlike other humans, holding down the Right Mouse button with Vanguard activates his Shield Block stance. Shield Block repels frontal attacks, reducing damage taken from that direction by 90% and negating status effects like Stagger. You can only block so much damage, however, and the hit that breaks your block will leave you vulnerable. The amount of damage you can block with your shield regenerates slowly over time.
- Implemented a priority queue players are placed into when they have been waiting too long to find a match near their MMR. Priority queue players will be paired up with players of a similar MMR and can be placed into a match further outside their skill range, but on opposite teams.
- Premade parties now matchmake with an increased MMR (above their actual average skill)
- Matchmaking will no longer place you into a game with a massive score disparity
- Movement speeds increased by roughly 5% for all vampires
- Acceleration rate increased for all vampires (change directions more quickly)
- Dodge speed bonus reduced to 105%/100%/95% (was 115%/105%/100%)Vampire Melee
All LMB melee attacks have been re-timed to allow players to either instigate another attack, or resume movement, more quickly without dodging, to allow more flexibility and mobility in melee combat. The animations are unchanged, but the time you are locked into each attack is shorter. In practice, this increases melee attack speed by 10-20% per class, and damage has been reduced accordingly to maintain previous DPS values.
The travel distance of melee has also been reduced slightly in combination with the base movement speed increases (above). In total, this should make melee more responsive and skillful, but less capable of gap closing via button mashing. We will be keeping a very close eye on this change and tuning as necessary based on your feedback.TyrantGround Slam
- Animation now happens 10% slower. This reduces a Closed Beta buff that previously increased it to 125% of normal speed. This is an attempt to mitigate the removal of the Global Cooldown indirectly buffing Tyrant combos.SummonerSummon Stalkers
- Stalkers are now leashed to the Summoner and will engage enemies in their line of sight up to their leash distance. When no enemies are present, they will follow the Summoner.
- Stalker lifespan increased to 10 seconds (was 8) to compensate for this change
- Significantly reduced the camera shake stalkers cause when attacking a humanProphetDisabling Curse
- Cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 25)Status EffectsKnockdown
- Get Up animation plays 10% faster for all charactersPerksFleet Footed
- Sprint Speed bonus reduced to 12% (was 20%)Sprint Speed (Items)
- Modifier reduced to +/- 3% (was 5%)Weapon Spread (Items)
- Modifier reduced to +/- 5% (was 8%)
- Improved AOE targeted abilities (Prophet Curses, Hell Strike) to be more reliably targetable. They should no longer "snag" on random objects in the world, instead trying to cast at the ground location you're looking at. If you are looking upwards at a wall, they will try to cast on the rooftop if possible.Tooltips
- Added "Status Effect" tooltips to items that cause Stagger, Knockdown, Blind, or Disable
- Weapons and abilities with firing delays or burst firing mechanics now display a more accurate "Fire Rate" tooltip
- Fixed an issue that caused servers to rarely get stuck in the lobby state and not load into the map when the countdown ended
- Fixed issue that rarely caused game client to attempt to download large amounts of item information when a match started, potentially causing desync issues with the server
- Player movement will now interpolate more smoothly during melee attacks and certain ability states
- Player MMR is no longer visible in the log
- Summoned pets no longer inflate the Summoner's accuracy statistics
- Dedicated servers will now be more lenient about kicking players who load slowly into matches