Worthy successor of American Mc Gee's Alice. If you liked it, you will like Madness Returns as well, although it's unofficial continuation. One of EA games that actually is very worth its price.
- It's Alice.
- Grotesque everywhere. From allies, enemies to NPCs. They are sometimes so twisted it's actually pleasant to look at.
- Beautiful levels. Sometimes you just stop to stare at the details.
- You retrieve Alice's memories through all the game and it somehow nicely adds to overall climate.
- Music is amazing.
- Plot is nicely done.
- The mix of fairy tale beauty and horror-like uglyness.
- It is as good as American McGee's Alice. Period.
- Got graphical hic-ups sometimes.
- Some levels seam to be just toooooo loooooong for their attractiveness.
- Controlling Alice's floating or jumping can get irritating ad times.
- Unnecessary camera changes here and there. Especially after or before cut-scenes. Cost me life once.
- Cheshire cat will not always appear after pressing "c" again.
- Fighting needs getting used to. Plus: most of the times it's better not to use lock on target option. But then you cannot use your umbrella parry...
Still game is a must for everybody who likes previous one, who likes grotesque and pretty serious matters wrapped in twisted, part fairy-like part horrorish cover.