KlashFire Jul 3 @ 11:55am
getting the Kringle collection in SFM
I searched and searched but its not in the files I have in SFM. I therefore will try to get it through a vpk file in tf2. I didn't find a file called pack_01dir.vpk or something. there is no file in tf2 with pack in it's name. Which vpk file must I open to import the kringle collection (or xms_snowcoat)
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Vintage Jul 3 @ 11:58am 
Could be tf2_sounds_dir.vpk. Could be tf2_sounds_vo_english_dir.vpk. Could be tf2_textures_dir.vpk. Could be tf2_misc_dir.vpk. Either way, you will benefit a lot from extracting all those VPKs.
KlashFire Jul 3 @ 12:03pm 
Originally posted by Vintage:
Could be tf2_sounds_dir.vpk. Could be tf2_sounds_vo_english_dir.vpk. Could be tf2_textures_dir.vpk. Could be tf2_misc_dir.vpk. Either way, you will benefit a lot from extracting all those VPKs.

why would it be in a sounds pack?
Vintage Jul 3 @ 12:03pm 
Of course it's not in those. Still, you'd benefit from extracting all those VPKs (but make sure to only extract models, materials, sounds and particles).
KlashFire Jul 3 @ 12:04pm 
Originally posted by Vintage:
Of course it's not in those. Still, you'd benefit from extracting all those VPKs (but make sure to only extract models, materials, sounds and particles).
okay, will do.
R234 Jul 3 @ 12:06pm 
It's included in SFM already. It's called xms_snowcoat.mdl.
KlashFire Jul 3 @ 12:07pm 
Originally posted by R234:
It's included in SFM already. It's called xms_snowcoat.mdl.

I said that. I said its xms_snowcoat. Yet it has never been in my SFM files for some reason
R234 Jul 3 @ 12:08pm 
Not possible. You must be doing something wrong, like having the wrong mod folder selected.
KlashFire Jul 3 @ 12:08pm 
Originally posted by R234:
Not possible. You must be doing something wrong, like having the wrong mod folder selected.
nope. all mods selected
KlashFire Jul 3 @ 12:09pm 
I can take a screenshot, but then I would have to open SFM and I just closed it
Last edited by KlashFire; Jul 3 @ 12:09pm
R234 Jul 3 @ 12:16pm 
And is MDL files selected in the upper scrolling menu?
KlashFire Jul 3 @ 12:38pm 
Originally posted by R234:
And is MDL files selected in the upper scrolling menu?
yes it is. I am not that new to SFM. I know how to search for files at the very least
Vintage Jul 3 @ 12:48pm 
I think he might had meant if you had a folder selected up in the folder list, and/or "Show subfolders" checked/unchecked.
KlashFire Jul 3 @ 12:54pm 
its okay now. after importing that models and metirials from the misc_dir.vpk file, I now have the kringle collection. It looks very weird though. something is a bit off.

Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 3 @ 11:55am
Posts: 13