Skitt64 Jul 18, 2014 @ 5:53pm
In the graph editor I've noticed there are 8 buttons, they are for stuff like "Flat tangents", "Linear tangents", and I don't understand. What are they used for?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
From Ruscha with Sandvich JUNE12 Jul 19, 2014 @ 12:57am 
Tangent is a term used for geometrical/line functions, such that if you put a tangent on a curve, it only touches the 'edge' of the curve (Example[]).
In the context of the SFM graph editor, very basically, tangents control the 'steepness' of a curve (i.e.whether an animation abruptly stops or whether it realistically transitions to a next pose). If you select a keyframe and select one of those settings, you can play around with the transition of animation pretty well (for more on this stuff, see this.
Skitt64 Jul 19, 2014 @ 12:15pm 
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 18, 2014 @ 5:53pm
Posts: 2