[Symmetry] Jul 29, 2014 @ 10:05am
How can I delete parts of TF2 maps (for example fences, lamps etc)
One thing I already know: I have to use Hammer.
But nothing more. I couldn't find any helpful tutorial, so I'm asking you guys to help me.
I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
POOTIS Jul 29, 2014 @ 12:28pm 
On the animation set editor,right click then click''Create animation set(s) for existing element(s).
There,you should be able to find the props you want to remove,it has a list of all the props that exist in the current shot that you're into.When you find what you want,click on it and press ok.After that,you should be able to see the prop in the animation set editor.Right click on it and select Delete Animation Set(s).Hope I helped :)
Vintage Jul 29, 2014 @ 12:43pm 
Originally posted by Ένα Σουβλάκι:
Hope I helped :)
...You didn't help at all. I don't think you even read the title of this topic. He said fences, lamps, etcetera, and usually those are static props. And the first line even explicitly said he already knew he had to use Hammer.
[Symmetry] Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
Originally posted by Vintage:
Originally posted by Ένα Σουβλάκι:
Hope I helped :)
...You didn't help at all. I don't think you even read the title of this topic. He said fences, lamps, etcetera, and usually those are static props. And the first line even explicitly said he already knew he had to use Hammer.
Yepp, you're right. I meant models that comes with the map =static props.
raptornx01 Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:19pm 
in hammer, go under map, then entity report and it'll list everything in the map, just find what you want to remove an hit delete.
[Symmetry] Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:21pm 
Originally posted by POOTIS:
On the animation set editor,right click then click''Create animation set(s) for existing element(s).
There,you should be able to find the props you want to remove,it has a list of all the props that exist in the current shot that you're into.When you find what you want,click on it and press ok.After that,you should be able to see the prop in the animation set editor.Right click on it and select Delete Animation Set(s).Hope I helped :)
Thanks for your answer, but I already spent 300 hours in SFM, so I know a lot things. But I'm not familiar with Hammer, that's why I asked for help.
Vintage Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:21pm 
Originally posted by Symmetry:
Yepp, you're right. I meant models that comes with the map =static props.
I don't understand what you mean by that... One can turn off all static props, but they still leave a shadow on the ground, or one can have all static props on. They need to be individually removed in Hammer, as raptornx01 explained how to.
[Symmetry] Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by Vintage:
Originally posted by Symmetry:
Yepp, you're right. I meant models that comes with the map =static props.
I don't understand what you mean by that... One can turn off all static props, but they still leave a shadow on the ground, or one can have all static props on. They need to be individually removed in Hammer, as raptornx01 explained how to.
I'm sorry, maybe mixed together the two things. Anyway, I'll give it a try. Good luck for your Saxxy entry ;)
[Symmetry] Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:28pm 
Originally posted by raptornx01:
in hammer, go under map, then entity report and it'll list everything in the map, just find what you want to remove an hit delete.
Thank you, I'll give it a try!
Vintage Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:28pm 
Originally posted by Symmetry:
I'm sorry, maybe mixed together the two things. Anyway, I'll give it a try. Good luck for your Saxxy entry ;)
Mine? Or someone elses?
raptornx01 Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:38pm 
BTW, you can also right click the veiwport, go to draw game entities, uncheck world static props. then hit record. look around a bit, then esc. this will add all the props back in. then right click the animation set editor and create animationset for existing element, and delete the stuff you don't want.
Vintage Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:43pm 
Either it won't add all the static props back in, or else it will, by bug, hiddenly turn "draw static props" on again. Or did you try?
raptornx01 Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:45pm 
just tried it. not perfect, but could help.
Last edited by raptornx01; Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:47pm
Vintage Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:47pm 
...Oh. But there will still be baked-in shadows on the map.
[Symmetry] Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:48pm 
Originally posted by raptornx01:
in hammer, go under map, then entity report and it'll list everything in the map, just find what you want to remove an hit delete.
Uhm, I downloaded the extracted bsp map from tf2maps.net (I'm lazy to do it by myself) and when I want to load it in Hammer it says missing bottle model and crashes -.-
raptornx01 Jul 29, 2014 @ 1:49pm 
you mean the vmf?
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 29, 2014 @ 10:05am
Posts: 18