Nuclear Dawn > General Discussions > Topic Details
Cunin Apr 12, 2013 @ 8:29am
Use autoselect team, please.
You know what sucks more than newbies always using stealth units and never capturing any resource point? Lv80 people all stacked up on the same team, and new players joining the winning team.

Please make the game fair for everyone and press autoselect team on join.
Also, if you're a newbie, play the tutorial and then don't use stealth units. There's always a big need of medics and engineers, but assault units are good too.

And: capture resource points!
It might look like a secondary part of the game, but it's not. It's the main point, actually. Without resources, your commander can't build anything, nor upgrade the soldiers.

It is hard enough to find a 3/4 filled server, let's not make it a bad experience too.
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Sexy Iron Maiden Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:20am 
Thats what you have autobalancing and mods for.

But join our group id you havnt already heard of it, our first game is this Sunday. Click the link to register then join the group and subscribe to the forum to keep up to date with future events:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NDBattleSoc/discussions/0/810921273929410541/
plumbcrazy Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:21am 
The problem has been lately that people are playing on a server that not install AUTO BALANCE in the begining of the game. We should play on Redstone or Cha0s because I know they have Auto Balance.

As far as stealth I use it sometimes and other classes as well. It depends what the team needs at that point.

But you are right stacking makes the noobs leave the game.
DIMEDROLL Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:22am 
yeah, balanced teams is something that happens rarely in this game. CS:GO has a nice feature, a competitive mode that picks balanced teams automatically. Such thing could be good for ND also. E.g. a 12 player competitive game. If you quit such a round before it's finished you get banned from competitive games for some time.
Cunin Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:35am 
Ya I didn't mean stealth units are useless, just not that useful (or not at all) in the wrong hands, which is the hands of people that still don't know how this game works.

I've been playing in the muhkuhclan server because it's usually well populated, and i think it says it autobalances on match end, but maybe that could be changed to rebalance teams when the difference in players and/or levels is too much. Are those auto-balance mods working like that?
I mean, it's ok when both teams are full or almost, but on smaller games, balance is so much more of an issue that I think the game should have a built-in system for that, because otherwise small games will end up in an empty server :(
Sexy Iron Maiden Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:35am 
That's a good idea. The thing is when people join half way through a game they tend to join the stacked team, its up to the mods/admins to make sure they join the right team to balance the game. But yes, most servers dont have a team balancer at the beginning which makes that an issue.
plumbcrazy Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:35am 
Originally posted by DIMEDROLL:
yeah, balanced teams is something that happens rarely in this game. CS:GO has a nice feature, a competitive mode that picks balanced teams automatically. Such thing could be good for ND also. E.g. a 12 player competitive game. If you quit such a round before it's finished you get banned from competitive games for some time.
Lately I find myself leaving the game when some level 0 -20 takes the seat. Builds 20 power stations 30 turrets and no kits.

The other times I leave is game is stacked so badly the game is boring.

Should I not be allowed to play ND or get banned for some time?

It should be standard practice for servers to have auto balance in the begining of game and not auto balance you in the middle or end of the game after you just worked hard to make your team win. Then the game ends you get to be on losing team.

Not allowed to Com unless level 40 for the first 4 minutes at start of game.
Sexy Iron Maiden Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:40am 
But no, I think stealths are normally almost useless regardless of who is using them. If you have 1 or max 2 on a team they can be good for capping the enemy res and harassing some enemy seiges a bit. But 1 engi can counter 3 sieges and be good for offence through its emp's. Overall you are better off going siege exo or engi. If your entire team goes siege exo and engi you can push through nearly anything
plumbcrazy Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:42am 
Originally posted by Cunin:
Ya I didn't mean stealth units are useless, just not that useful (or not at all) in the wrong hands, which is the hands of people that still don't know how this game works.

I've been playing in the muhkuhclan server because it's usually well populated, and i think it says it autobalances on match end, but maybe that could be changed to rebalance teams when the difference in players and/or levels is too much. Are those auto-balance mods working like that?
I mean, it's ok when both teams are full or almost, but on smaller games, balance is so much more of an issue that I think the game should have a built-in system for that, because otherwise small games will end up in an empty server :(

Most servers dont auto balance when the game gets stacked. Its hard to control people leaving the game because of all kinds of reasons. The auto balance in begining of game works the best.
Sexy Iron Maiden Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:43am 
Originally posted by plumbcrazy:

It should be standard practice for servers to have auto balance in the begining of game and not auto balance you in the middle or end of the game after you just worked hard to make your team win. Then the game ends you get to be on losing team.

Not allowed to Com unless level 40 for the first 4 minutes at start of game.

Yeah I agree, what I hate is when players (particularly the good ones that know an easily won game can be boring) join an already stacked team. It just makes the games pointless if they are not even
Sexy Iron Maiden Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:46am 
But bringing it back to a point, this is why Nac and myself which plumb's help have set up this group to promote good quality, even matches, so please join :D
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NDBattleSoc/discussions/0/810921273929410541/
plumbcrazy Apr 12, 2013 @ 9:48am 
Originally posted by xGM Sexy Iron Maiden:
But bringing it back to a point, this is why Nac and myself which plumb's help have set up this group to promote good quality, even matches, so please join :D
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NDBattleSoc/discussions/0/810921273929410541/
+1
Crouchy Apr 12, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
Well i'm a bit late to the discussion to add anything useful but these 2 above me are right. Redstone and Cha0s have a level auto balancer which while isn't perfect is a step in the right direction. Also the ND Battle Society wll be preselecting it's teams for event games to make the balancing perfect! Only one solution, sign up and subscribe.
yedpodtrzitko Apr 12, 2013 @ 3:30pm 
Well, autobalancing on Redstone sucks - it doesn't balance teams perfectly all the time and I can't join the opposite team (to balance it manually), because bots are added to its top limit .(
plumbcrazy Apr 12, 2013 @ 3:51pm 
Originally posted by yed_:
Well, autobalancing on Redstone sucks - it doesn't balance teams perfectly all the time and I can't join the opposite team (to balance it manually), because bots are added to its top limit .(

Well maybe not all the time. We do not live in a perfect world. We all do the best we can. Not everybody is going to agree.

Lets all play this Sunday and see how that goes. Shoot ya there :)
Cunin Apr 12, 2013 @ 3:52pm 
I'm happy that we all agree that's a main problem for the game, which makes getting a game going or even filling a server a problem, sometimes.

I hate rebalance in the middle of a game too, but sometimes that's the only chance for a game to be fair and not end beforetime, just because your hopes to win are wasted.

At this point, I guess only the developers can fix this problem, because you can't really dictate where players should be playing. Maybe by allowing automatic rebalancing only when total players are below a set number, and only forcing that in public servers...I don't know.

Organizing events sounds like the perfect solution, only that I (and as me other people I believe) cannot play anytime, and that's why I usually don't follow organized events.

Where is that server located anyway? Europe?
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50