Nuclear Dawn > General Discussions > Topic Details
plumbcrazy Mar 13, 2013 @ 11:24am
Free weekend?
Maybe we need a free weekend again. The game is slowing down again. I know the last time we had a free weekend it was crazy busy. Not sure if it generated any cash but one would hope so. The $2.49 sale was pretty cool as well. Maybe the combo of the two would work. Not sure if you can combo that on steam.
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
金木 研 Mar 13, 2013 @ 1:43pm 
What would really make this game popular, is if people bought/reccomend, popular people on youtube to play this. Because I know people that will only play games or call a game cool if someone they like on youtube was playing it.
plumbcrazy Mar 13, 2013 @ 3:33pm 
How do you get popular people to play it on youtube? I dont know any. Do you? If you do can you get them to play ND.
金木 研 Mar 13, 2013 @ 3:40pm 
well. just simply click on the video, then click on there porfile and see how many subcribers he has, then just send him a email saying that he should make a review/gameplay of the game, and hope for the best.
Sexy Iron Maiden Mar 13, 2013 @ 5:28pm 
Could do but this would be my suggestion, following on from what you suggested Plumb:

1. Have a free weekend with a reduced price sale

2. Announce a reduction in price, say $5 ($10 is to high if consumers aren't sure if anyone plays is as can be seen from the forums)

3. Make it FREE TO PLAY - now I don't know how easy this will be to do however the only bad thing about this game is its small community. You could get revenue by:
-Having a lvl cap and pay to open up the game
-Disable trinkets until 1 off purchase
-Not allowed to be comm until Purchase

This game is fantastic but needs to have a larger community if it is going to survive. I don't know the sales figures for this game but I bet they are incredibly low right now, this might be the boost it needs. Please consider or at least reply saying you have read it (to developers)
chiken Mar 16, 2013 @ 10:21pm 
Originally posted by xG:M Sexy Iron Maiden:
Could do but this would be my suggestion, following on from what you suggested Plumb:

1. Have a free weekend with a reduced price sale

2. Announce a reduction in price, say $5 ($10 is to high if consumers aren't sure if anyone plays is as can be seen from the forums)

3. Make it FREE TO PLAY - now I don't know how easy this will be to do however the only bad thing about this game is its small community. You could get revenue by:
-Having a lvl cap and pay to open up the game
-Disable trinkets until 1 off purchase
-Not allowed to be comm until Purchase

This game is fantastic but needs to have a larger community if it is going to survive. I don't know the sales figures for this game but I bet they are incredibly low right now, this might be the boost it needs. Please consider or at least reply saying you have read it (to developers)

The things you just said for it to make money as a free-to-play game defines a pay-to-play/pay-to-win. The best option would be to have a free weekend and have it at 33%-50% discount.
Mexicutioner Mar 17, 2013 @ 7:49am 
Make it free to play, but only purchasers can play as the commander?
Last edited by Mexicutioner; Mar 17, 2013 @ 7:49am
Sexy Iron Maiden Mar 17, 2013 @ 7:55am 
Shurfire, I agree with your reduction in prics however people still wont pay when there see all the posts about "dead game". But I'll go through my freetoplay:

-lvl cap - higher lvls only unlock more trinkets which dont add much to gamplay, they will still have the basics of increased dmg and ammo capacity which are the only useful ones.

-disable trinkets, like i said, trinkets arnt that much of a big deal, you can still make a big impact without them.

-cant be comm, well... i dont know what the downside is to this one...
Starc Mar 26, 2013 @ 6:49pm 
-cant be comm, well... i dont know what the downside is to this one...

There are a lot of people out there who simply will never find out how much fun it is to be com.
The big thing about Dawn for me is its RTS and FPS, if people can play the FPS for free and never see the commanding side of it they are only getting half of what makes the game truly great. Take out the RTS side of it and as a FPS does it really stack up to other FPS titles?
Sexy Iron Maiden Mar 27, 2013 @ 11:24am 
Originally posted by Blank:
Take out the RTS side of it and as a FPS does it really stack up to other FPS titles?

True but the RTS element is still there and players are influenced by it. A lot of players don't comm till very late on, myself and you being 2 examples of that. But it isn't denied them, it just requires a purchase. When I said no downside I was thinking about other FreeToPlays where you have to pay to stand a chance.
Svensenmann187 Mar 28, 2013 @ 7:40am 
I don't like the idea of Nuclear Dawn Free to Play. I buy that game for 20€ for a while and for that money it was no mistake. I realy like the game and sure i want more active playerbase but the free to play thing means nothing good i think i wanna give them devolopers some good money for their great work and support. Free2P means most of the times pay to win.And the RTS is an important element of the Game that should never be only available when you pay for it. The 33%-50% Sale off and free weekend idea is great. last time there were many servers active and full.
yed_ Apr 3, 2013 @ 1:04am 
Humble Bundle now offers also weekly bundles ( http://humblebundle.com/weekly ), is it possible to offer ND over there?
Sexy Iron Maiden Apr 3, 2013 @ 7:15am 
Originally posted by yed_:
Humble Bundle now offers also weekly bundles ( http://humblebundle.com/weekly ), is it possible to offer ND over there?

Awesome Idea!! put it as a thread heading so the devs see it
vampire_xxz Apr 3, 2013 @ 12:54pm 
ND was already included in Indie Royale bundle a couple months ago at January.
plumbcrazy Apr 3, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Originally posted by vampire_xxz:
ND was already included in Indie Royale bundle a couple months ago at January.
I think that is why we have the new players now, Thanks DEVS :)
Last edited by plumbcrazy; Apr 3, 2013 @ 1:36pm
yed_ Apr 3, 2013 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by vampire_xxz:
ND was already included in Indie Royale bundle a
couple months ago at January.

That's true, but Indie royale is not so popular as Humble Bundle.
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 13, 2013 @ 11:24am
Posts: 31