Synergy

Synergy

View Stats:
Synergy > General Discussion > Topic Details
Kyuunex Dec 5, 2017 @ 12:10pm
friend can't connect
me and my friends are trying to play some synergy but we have a problem when after i create a server only one of my friend's can join, the second one that connects can't join, doesn't matter who.

console log:
Client "friend's name" connected (<ip censored>:27005).
STEAMAUTH: Client friend's name received failure code 6
Dropped friend's name from server (Client left game (Steam auth ticket has been canceled)
)

they are telling me their game is crashing

help.
Last edited by Kyuunex; Dec 5, 2017 @ 12:16pm
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Cat Phuckers Dec 5, 2017 @ 5:19pm 
1. Did you port forward?
2. Does your server have any plugins?
3. Did you install that dreadful SynergyPlus crap?
Last edited by Cat Phuckers; Dec 5, 2017 @ 5:20pm
_MrMxims_ Dec 6, 2017 @ 2:53am 
ok
Kyuunex Dec 6, 2017 @ 6:32am 
Originally posted by Cat ♥♥♥♥♥ers:
1. Did you port forward?
2. Does your server have any plugins?
3. Did you install that dreadful SynergyPlus crap?
1. yes. one person can connect. second one can't. doesn't matter who connects first or second.
2. it's a "create server" thing from game menu. so, no.
3. no.
Balimbanana Dec 6, 2017 @ 11:35am 
Try the dedicated server version.
I made a script a while back to make it easier for people to install Synergy dedicated server. All you have to do is run the script as admin for the first install. There is an option for the Synergy Development Beta as well.
Rename Syndsinstall27015.txt to Syndsinstall27015.bat to make it an executable script. Place the script in the same folder as steamcmd.exe and run it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh951oh5eniwj2j/Syndsinstall27015.txt?dl=1
You can put in your server-specific settings like sv_password "" etc in steamapps\Synergy\synergy\cfg\server2.cfg or steamapps\synbeta\"" after installing.
Kyuunex Dec 6, 2017 @ 12:05pm 
Originally posted by Balimbanana:
Try the dedicated server version.
I made a script a while back to make it easier for people to install Synergy dedicated server. All you have to do is run the script as admin for the first install. There is an option for the Synergy Development Beta as well.
Rename Syndsinstall27015.txt to Syndsinstall27015.bat to make it an executable script. Place the script in the same folder as steamcmd.exe and run it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yh951oh5eniwj2j/Syndsinstall27015.txt?dl=1
You can put in your server-specific settings like sv_password "" etc in steamapps\Synergy\synergy\cfg\server2.cfg or steamapps\synbeta\"" after installing.
Thanks. But, i already know how to get it running with steamcmd. and I won't have a dedicated server computer for another 3 weeks.

What I was looking here was a quick solution for me and my friends to have a quick play, as googling for this problem lead to nothing useful.
Balimbanana Dec 6, 2017 @ 1:20pm 
You can run the dedicated server on your own computer, it will have minimal impact with only a few players. Depending on your download speed it is also fairly quick to download.
Kyuunex Dec 6, 2017 @ 1:25pm 
Originally posted by Balimbanana:
You can run the dedicated server on your own computer, it will have minimal impact with only a few players. Depending on your download speed it is also fairly quick to download.
Last time i tried that with a source game (not synergy specifically), i couldn't launch the game because "one instance of the game is already running" thing.
Last edited by Kyuunex; Dec 6, 2017 @ 1:26pm
Balimbanana Dec 6, 2017 @ 1:29pm 
That will depend on the mod and how you are running it. If you are running it through the tools tab on Steam, it may give that message.
It may also be caused by certain mods attempting to attach to an open instance of Steam for their API. In that case, you can try running that mods dedicated server client with -nosteam on the startup line.

For Synergy dedicated server, it doesn't.
Kyuunex Dec 6, 2017 @ 1:34pm 
Originally posted by Balimbanana:
That will depend on the mod and how you are running it. If you are running it through the tools tab on Steam, it may give that message.
It may also be caused by certain mods attempting to attach to an open instance of Steam for their API. In that case, you can try running that mods dedicated server client with -nosteam on the startup line.

For Synergy dedicated server, it doesn't.
welp i'll give it a try next time we play. thanks
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Synergy > General Discussion > Topic Details