Synergy

Synergy

View Stats:
Synergy > General Discussion > Topic Details
What is the current way to play with more than 10 players?
We have a group of 12-16 who want to play Synergy together. We tried to make a game but discovered that it's normally capped at 10.

We looked up how to change it but all of the threads were old and seemed to suggest that it can be done but may cause crashes. That's fine, we're willing to put up with those. Problem is, none of the threads seem to explain how to do it.

My friend (the host) is a donor if that matters.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
I need help, too.
Last edited by Blaz Exil™; Sep 8 @ 7:20pm
My group ran into a similar problem, hoping someone can explain.
Last edited by {FOX} Peaceall; Sep 8 @ 7:17pm
Cheddr Sep 8 @ 7:18pm 
same, my group is trying to do the same thing. This must be a massive issue that the devs have to address asap.
Akzotus Sep 8 @ 7:18pm 
I'm also curious how to do this.
I can't believe we are all having the same problem. PLS FIX
If you find a solution, please let me in on the secret. <3
The devs are likely going to increase the max players with an upcoming update, in the mean time you would need to use (at your own risk) PLR (Player Limit Remover). The latest version afaik does crash (or not work at all), you need to use an earlier version. I believe Version 1.2.1 works without issues.
Akzotus Sep 8 @ 7:48pm 
Originally posted by KillerB -=THC=-:
The devs are likely going to increase the max players with an upcoming update, in the mean time you would need to use (at your own risk) PLR (Player Limit Remover). The latest version afaik does crash (or not work at all), you need to use an earlier version. I believe Version 1.2.1 works without issues.
How does one go about using that? Is there a guide online about implementing it? I have the file downloaded but am unsure what to do with it.
Last edited by Akzotus; Sep 8 @ 7:48pm
Place the plr.dll and plr.vdf in the ...\steamapps\common\Synergy\synergy\addons\ folder.
If you dont have an addons folder create it, if you use SourceMod you already have it as that is where it is installed. Set your maxplayers cvar to your liking.
Last edited by KillerB -=THC=-; Sep 8 @ 7:52pm
Originally posted by KillerB -=THC=-:
Place the plr.dll and plr.vdf in the ...\steamapps\common\Synergy\synergy\addons\ folder.
If you dont have an addons folder create it, if you use SourceMod you already have it as that is where it is installed. Set your maxplayers cvar to your liking.
Doesn't work for me. It is still stuck at 10.
Originally posted by KillerB -=THC=-:
Place the plr.dll and plr.vdf in the ...\steamapps\common\Synergy\synergy\addons\ folder.
If you dont have an addons folder create it, if you use SourceMod you already have it as that is where it is installed. Set your maxplayers cvar to your liking.
Where is plr.vdf?
Originally posted by TheTechn0mancer:
Originally posted by KillerB -=THC=-:
Place the plr.dll and plr.vdf in the ...\steamapps\common\Synergy\synergy\addons\ folder.
If you dont have an addons folder create it, if you use SourceMod you already have it as that is where it is installed. Set your maxplayers cvar to your liking.
Doesn't work for me. It is still stuck at 10.

Did you set maxplayers above 10?
Do you run a dedicated server or just synergy?
you may need to set maxplayers in the launch options.
Here's an example launch string for a Ded Server:
srcds.exe -console -game synergy +map d2_coast_07 -maxplayers 12 -insecure -port 27015
Originally posted by KillerB -=THC=-:
Here's an example launch string for a Ded Server:
srcds.exe -console -game synergy +map d2_coast_07 -maxplayers 12 -insecure -port 27015
Where do I download plr.vdf? I'm using the dedicated server.
Originally posted by KillerB -=THC=-:
Here's an example launch string for a Ded Server:
srcds.exe -console -game synergy +map d2_coast_07 -maxplayers 12 -insecure -port 27015
srcds.exe -console -game synergy -port 27015 +map d1_trainstation_01 -nocrashdialog -insecure -nohltv +exec forked_1.cfg -maxplayers 16
< >
Showing 1-15 of 22 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Synergy > General Discussion > Topic Details