Mass Effect

Mass Effect

Mass Effect > General Discussions > Topic Details
Jr786 Aug 20, 2014 @ 10:20am
Infinite Ammo in ME1?
What's with the Weapons in ME1? They have infinite Ammo.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Peter Aug 20, 2014 @ 10:42am 
This is when the lore get's confusing...They changed it in ME2 and ME3 to please the shooter fans.
Jr786 Aug 20, 2014 @ 10:45am 
Originally posted by lpeter7="master guns":
This is when the lore get's confusing...They changed it in ME2 and ME3 to please the shooter fans.

It may sound like an unfair advantage but when Firing Weapons in ME1 they overheat.
Peter Aug 20, 2014 @ 10:52am 
I know that, I've played the game before. As for unfair, well, if it had PVP multiplayer then yes. But this is an RPG, that ammo crap is just an excuse to please the CoD kids. And ME3 was just an advanced version of ME2's combat, which is not at all what we wanted. We wanted an RPG, not some dumbass "kill everything that moves, reach objective and complete it" action shooter. If I wanted that then I should just go play Gears of War.
Omega117a Aug 20, 2014 @ 4:25pm 
Yeah, the addition of the "ammo" system was defenitely to please the ADHD shooter-noobs.



Originally posted by lpeter7="master guns":
I know that, I've played the game before. As for unfair, well, if it had PVP multiplayer then yes. But this is an RPG, that ammo crap is just an excuse to please the CoD kids. And ME3 was just an advanced version of ME2's combat, which is not at all what we wanted. We wanted an RPG, not some dumbass "kill everything that moves, reach objective and complete it" action shooter. If I wanted that then I should just go play Gears of War.

To be fair, Mass Effect 3 ended up being a better Gears of War clone than Gears of War itself. If the whole trilogy were of the same style, it wouldn't have been that bad.
C2H5SH Aug 20, 2014 @ 4:46pm 
I don't understand why they went from the unlimited ammo to the clips. It makes no sense from my gameplay perspective as there seems to be clips a plenty laying all over the place in ME2 and ME3. I just don't remember any missions where I was trying to conserve ammo so that I could get through. The only thing it does is further break the continuity between the games. That and putting all of the powers on the same cool down timer.
Peter Aug 20, 2014 @ 5:22pm 
Originally posted by Omega117a:
Yeah, the addition of the "ammo" system was defenitely to please the ADHD shooter-noobs.



Originally posted by lpeter7="master guns":
I know that, I've played the game before. As for unfair, well, if it had PVP multiplayer then yes. But this is an RPG, that ammo crap is just an excuse to please the CoD kids. And ME3 was just an advanced version of ME2's combat, which is not at all what we wanted. We wanted an RPG, not some dumbass "kill everything that moves, reach objective and complete it" action shooter. If I wanted that then I should just go play Gears of War.

To be fair, Mass Effect 3 ended up being a better Gears of War clone than Gears of War itself. If the whole trilogy were of the same style, it wouldn't have been that bad.

For the console? ME3's combat was great! for the PC? Space bar does everything. From talking to activating, from activating to barrel rolling, from barrel rolling to cover system. I have died not because some Geth or a merc got lucky, but because I would get stuck doing a barrel roll when I want to get to cover. Highly annoying, and just frustrating on insane difficulty.

But if you compare Gears of War to ME3, well...ME3 does have it's fair share of set backs in combat, but I will admit ME3 is probably better. For a copy cat. Storywise? not so much. If this ammo thing was such a big deal how come it wasn't in ME1? oh right, I'm talking about the guys who entirely forgot about dark energy. Hudson and Mac pay almost no attention to their own lore, they break it as fast as they write it. And the fact that they scrapped it then replaced it with something that doesn't even logically hold up is just the signs of pure incompetence.
Jr786 Aug 20, 2014 @ 5:25pm 
Originally posted by C2H5SH:
I don't understand why they went from the unlimited ammo to the clips. It makes no sense from my gameplay perspective as there seems to be clips a plenty laying all over the place in ME2 and ME3. I just don't remember any missions where I was trying to conserve ammo so that I could get through. The only thing it does is further break the continuity between the games. That and putting all of the powers on the same cool down timer.

That's because when you overheat a weapon, you can't use it until it Cools down in ME1.
Last edited by Jr786; Aug 20, 2014 @ 5:26pm
C2H5SH Aug 20, 2014 @ 7:06pm 
Originally posted by Jr786 Makoto Yuki:
Originally posted by C2H5SH:
I don't understand why they went from the unlimited ammo to the clips. It makes no sense from my gameplay perspective as there seems to be clips a plenty laying all over the place in ME2 and ME3. I just don't remember any missions where I was trying to conserve ammo so that I could get through. The only thing it does is further break the continuity between the games. That and putting all of the powers on the same cool down timer.

That's because when you overheat a weapon, you can't use it until it Cools down in ME1.

I know I am beating a dead horse here.

I just never found it that limiting for most of the game in ME1. Early in the game it is a PITA, but most of the weapons have a power assoicated and weapons mods that make it much less of a factor by the mid game and a non factor late in the game. If people were crying that there weapons were overheating, I think BioWare should have just eliminated the overheating mechanic instead of replacing it with a new mechanic. It just breaks immersion for people like me playing throug the series.

Don't get me started on medi-gel.
Last edited by C2H5SH; Aug 21, 2014 @ 1:35am
Peter Aug 20, 2014 @ 7:25pm 
Originally posted by C2H5SH:
Originally posted by Jr786 Makoto Yuki:

That's because when you overheat a weapon, you can't use it until it Cools down in ME1.

I know I am beating a dead horse here.

I just never found it that limiting for most of the game in ME1. Early in the game it is a PITA, but most of the weapons have a power assoicated and weapons mods that make it much less of a factor by the mid game and a non factor late in the game. If people were crying that there weapons were overheating, I think BioWare should have just eliminated the overheating mechanic instead of replacing it with a new mechanic. It just breaks immersion for people like me playing throug the series.

Don't get me started on minu-gel.

Ah, the Medi-gel...Best not to start that one up. We'll be here for months ranting.
Jr786 Feb 17 @ 1:12pm 
Originally posted by Peter="MG47":
Originally posted by C2H5SH:

I know I am beating a dead horse here.

I just never found it that limiting for most of the game in ME1. Early in the game it is a PITA, but most of the weapons have a power assoicated and weapons mods that make it much less of a factor by the mid game and a non factor late in the game. If people were crying that there weapons were overheating, I think BioWare should have just eliminated the overheating mechanic instead of replacing it with a new mechanic. It just breaks immersion for people like me playing throug the series.

Don't get me started on minu-gel.

Ah, the Medi-gel...Best not to start that one up. We'll be here for months ranting.

Why's that? Is it because the Medi-Gel is EVERYWHERE in the game?
Paul Feb 24 @ 10:38am 
Mass Effect 1 has futuristic weapons with battery.
ME1's lore stated that the projectiles fired by weapons were so small that they held thousands at a time, and the main concern was overheating.
Jr786 Feb 27 @ 5:47pm 
Originally posted by A100percentBEEF:
ME1's lore stated that the projectiles fired by weapons were so small that they held thousands at a time, and the main concern was overheating.

One of the cheapest tricks to use a Frictionless Materials 7-10 & Snowblind Rounds 7-10 on any weapon so it'll never overheat but reduces your rate of fire. But it's a small price to pay.
Last edited by Jr786; Mar 5 @ 8:00am
Jr786 Mar 5 @ 7:59am 
Originally posted by BaB MousƎ:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEnIQWXCgzQ
What's this for?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Mass Effect > General Discussions > Topic Details
Date Posted: Aug 20, 2014 @ 10:20am
Posts: 18