Yayınlanma: 23 Şubat
This game is... more enjoyable than NFS:MW 2012, which I spent like $60 when it came out because of the MW name, and I hate it so much.
Undercover is a game that gives you a feeling that they rushed too hard during development, so it lacks testing, refinement, and thoughts. It carries quite a few promises, but is very disappointing.
1. Fast-paced action easily makes one EXCITED!
2. A good collection of cars.
3. A nice world to roam about.
4. Cut-scenes are quite well made.
5. Chances are that you buy this game when it's on sale, very cheap.
1. Physics is ridiculous, when crash happens, all cars seem to have infinite mass. Mario Kart has better physics and makes more sense. NFS is not famous for physics accuracy, but this game is way too off-scale.
2. If you drive manual, you will easily feel that the cars' torque-rev relationship is pretty ridiculous.
3. Brake is so ridiculously powerful, and the car has ridiculous amount of grip.
4. They hired Maggie Q and others to make nice movies, so it seems that they focused on SP. However AI is ridiculous. Anything controlled by AI just makes no sense.
5. AI racers seem to be "given" speed and accleration. Sometimes I can have 200 feet in the lead and I am faster round the last corner, but the second car just acclerates ridiculously and robs my first place. It feels that those cars do not have actual drivers in them.
6. Roaming traffic cars are quite amazing, not only AI racers ram you like crazy, those roaming traffic cars also ram into you for no reason at all.
7. There's almost no balance between cars and missions. You can win by miles using Lotus Elise against some really slow Volkswagen, and at some other locatons you will face Audi R8, Gallardo, and many other cars that are way faster. BTW Lotus Elise is extremely overpowered.
8. I can't believe how bad the cops are. They seem to give up chasing you as long as you are 100 inches ahead of them. Sometimes it can be extremely hard to complete missions like cost-to-state challenge, because the cops do not chase you at all, even you are at heat level 5.
9. You can easily use the TAB key to fast travel to just jump right to the next race, so although there's a huge amazing open world, chances are that you don't even roam about at all.
10. Graphics are okay for a game this old, and it uses similar color scheme as the original NFS:MW. However it looks a lot less attractive than NFS:MW for some reason.
11. Road surface is modeled quite badly. Different road surface (asphalt, grass, dirt, etc) feels quite similar, and the only difference seems to be the smoothness.
12. Its compatibility with controllers has lots of problems. If I have my keyboard, XBOX360 controller, and my Logitech G27 all connected at the same time, the car will keep steering to the right, and the menu cursor keeps going down.
13. The cars' performace has little to do with their real-life version.
If this game is on sale, and if you want some excitment road racing, and if you are not good at braking in racing games, pick this up. It can make you blood boil (Rush-time High Way Battle is the best mode in this game IMO), and it does not require too much skill.