โพสต์: 2 กรกฎาคม
(Minor spoilers)I played this game in 2015 so my review doesn't take the age of the game into account.
Steam needs another button for "Mixed". Sadly this is like a typical AAA title which delivers on "the big" and falls short on "the small". Do not misunderstand I think AC is a "good" game but has many small flaws
which accumulate and in the end they left me many times raging at the screen and I was only able to play in short bursts.
- The game has nice and thoughtful lore and story as well.
- The animations are beautiful, running around is truly gracious even if I can take up pretty ridiculous poses.
- Voice acting is neat and believable.
- The graphics are nice for it's age as well.
- The cities are BIG. Not extremely big but big enough to take quite a time to get from one end to the other with all the crowd and turns, and you even get 3 of these!
- The crowd actually reacts, which helps the immersion. (*)
- The parkour feeling is there. It's really nice running around in the cities.
- The music is delivered by Jesper Kyd and it is truly great.
- The mood is there, and this is why I have a dilemma about recommending the game or not. Because in it's core, it is a good game.
- NO SUBTITLES.
- The crowd is horrible. It is filled with drunkards, beggars and the mentally ill which are UTTERLY DISASTROUS considering gameplay. They act irrealistically, they only bother you but no one else and they're simply just that: irritating. It's not an obstacle to overcome but a mere annoyance in which I can see the innovation but it was executed in a bit wrong way. (*)
- Camera handling is awful when you're doing a mini-task like saving a citizen, it forces you to see what the game wants. (*)
- Late-game fights are unfair. (*)
- The combat is somewhat unfair as well with many times useless counter-attacks and undeflectable enemy counterattacks which leave you defending all the time instead of attacking. (*)
- The parkour system feels weird at some points. They got that right that your character actually has weight and it's really nice that you can feel it but during fleeing I had trouble many times getting on a ladder or climbing the way I wanted while having to run away real fast.
- The game is extremely repetitive. (*)
- The audio (mostly the speech of citizens and guards) is low quality. (*)
Overall it was a not-so-bad experience because AC has a nice world which is actually interesting and the story was nice as well but because of those small Cons it made the whole gameplay so frustrating that I have to say what I've read in an another review as well. Watch the cutscenes and go play the 2nd game (I don't know about playing the second one, but watching the cutscenes surely saves you from the chore of playing this game.) The game is worth playing for those who don't like skipping games to play the more acclaimed sequels but if you can stand the frustration it is still worth playing because it has a pretty good mood and lore and story as well.
(*) = THANK STEAM CHARACTER LIMIT FOR NOT ADDING EXAMPLES AND DETAILS