Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2

skulz87 Feb 22, 2014 @ 6:49am
Is this realistic? 1 bullet = dead?
^
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
DemonKiller Feb 22, 2014 @ 7:32am 
ho yes it is lol 1 bullet in head you dead 1 or 2 in torso you dead in real life no?you have no problem for run this game?the game never start for lot of players:/
You got hit by a sniper.
Marked One Feb 22, 2014 @ 5:41pm 
really? let me shot you once and see how you fair...
skulz87 Feb 23, 2014 @ 2:35pm 
Im confused, ive played a ghost recon years ago with friends and it was pretty realistic, almost dying one shot one dead.

So is this that ghost recon?
The Epic Box May 22, 2014 @ 1:22pm 
One shot means dead, or in the hospital for a while...
Originally posted by skulz87:
Im confused, ive played a ghost recon years ago with friends and it was pretty realistic, almost dying one shot one dead.

So is this that ghost recon?
Probably not, there's 5 ghost recon games, and 2 of them are Advanced Warfighter.

The older 3 "look like crap", AW has improved on that point. But they were also more vicious and unforgiving. Kind of plays like the ARMA games.
I mean, in this game one of my team members gets half a magazine emptied on him, and he lives! That's got to be crazy lucky... or nerf. But it's still not an easy game and you can get killed fast enough.
Last edited by ♫TGC> The Games Collector; Jun 15, 2014 @ 8:44am
ALEX IV Jul 6, 2014 @ 9:21am 
Well, in the singleplayer part of the game, you get a couple of shots or a shot to the head and you are absolutely dead.
That's why I liked it, realistic and VERY challenging.
Sniperturtle Dec 20, 2014 @ 7:08am 
I heard a guy was shot in the leg with a pistol from 5 meters distance, and died 6 hours later due to the shock.
DemonKiller Jan 11, 2015 @ 1:46pm 
I play the hardest game mode and it's realistic.this is not Hollywood.the enemy artificial intelligence aim the head in general.but not always.I happen to take damage without dying instantly.we must proceed with caution and take cover.beware of the snipers that are not always visible at first glance.long distance enemy not so accurate.except snipers.the enemy we detected easily.our teammate are very accurate but rather stupid unfortunately need tell them everything.This game requires you to take your time is very far from battlefield so do not rush.we may take a few bullet without dying but the rest of the mission may be hard to finish in this case.It is realistic, in reality a wounded agent is no longer operational and shall be evacuated.
Last edited by DemonKiller; Jan 11, 2015 @ 1:55pm
takashi_K Feb 14, 2015 @ 1:54am 
There are plenty of real-life accounts of people fighting while wounded. Tons of documented information from the Iraq and Afganistan war about insurgents continueing to fight even after being shot several times (often because they're hyped up on speed while fighting).

Also tons of instances where US Army or USMC forces have had to continue to fight while wounded. Look at what happened in 1992 in Mogadishu, or the 1st infantry division's forces during Fallujah. Lots of instances of guys taking hits from AKs and (out of necessity) continuing to fight until the area could be secured. Look at Operation Red Wings as another example, or Operation Anaconda.

Once the fighting was over, they were of course medevaced. Some of them died of their injuries, some of them lived long enough to be treated at a medical center and survived.

My point: Unless you're shot in the CNS or the heart, or a major artery, it actually takes a very long time to die from a gunshot wound. So, one-shot-kill *all* the time is actually *NOT* realistic, people are a bit more durable than that.
skulz87 Feb 15, 2015 @ 1:47pm 
Originally posted by takashi_K:
There are plenty of real-life accounts of people fighting while wounded. Tons of documented information from the Iraq and Afganistan war about insurgents continueing to fight even after being shot several times (often because they're hyped up on speed while fighting).

Also tons of instances where US Army or USMC forces have had to continue to fight while wounded. Look at what happened in 1992 in Mogadishu, or the 1st infantry division's forces during Fallujah. Lots of instances of guys taking hits from AKs and (out of necessity) continuing to fight until the area could be secured. Look at Operation Red Wings as another example, or Operation Anaconda.

Once the fighting was over, they were of course medevaced. Some of them died of their injuries, some of them lived long enough to be treated at a medical center and survived.

My point: Unless you're shot in the CNS or the heart, or a major artery, it actually takes a very long time to die from a gunshot wound. So, one-shot-kill *all* the time is actually *NOT* realistic, people are a bit more durable than that.
that doesnt always happen, usually you die or cant stand and do anything when you get shot, those documents doesnt reflect millions of people who are being shot and died with a single bullet.
ironmanmk42 Feb 26, 2015 @ 1:14pm 
The GRAW 1 and 2 were the best of the old + new.
Old ones were crap - they had insane AI who could one shot you from across the map while taking a dive firing an AK-47 from the hip. Through trial and error and save/load method, I got past a large portion of the game.

The new ones - Future Soldier is actually very good. I like it a lot.

The free one (actually costs nearly $1000 for the entire game) is not a model I'll ever support but those who play it swear that it is good. But I'd rather pay $60 once and get all the content as it used to be before. At max I'll shell out another $30 for an expansion pack. But not $1000
DemonKiller Apr 22, 2015 @ 12:50pm 
Originally posted by takashi_K:
There are plenty of real-life accounts of people fighting while wounded. Tons of documented information from the Iraq and Afganistan war about insurgents continueing to fight even after being shot several times (often because they're hyped up on speed while fighting).

Also tons of instances where US Army or USMC forces have had to continue to fight while wounded. Look at what happened in 1992 in Mogadishu, or the 1st infantry division's forces during Fallujah. Lots of instances of guys taking hits from AKs and (out of necessity) continuing to fight until the area could be secured. Look at Operation Red Wings as another example, or Operation Anaconda.

Once the fighting was over, they were of course medevaced. Some of them died of their injuries, some of them lived long enough to be treated at a medical center and survived.

My point: Unless you're shot in the CNS or the heart, or a major artery, it actually takes a very long time to die from a gunshot wound. So, one-shot-kill *all* the time is actually *NOT* realistic, people are a bit more durable than that.
Yes of course with a bullet in the left arm or foot must be able to defend well again.But I can not imagine how one could aim or do anything at all with a bullet in the heart and even with 1 or 2 minutes before dying.With a bullet in the head I not even speak.So yes adrenaline makes you more resistant to pain but the body has limits.You can fight with minor injuries and is probably even more serious, but in the heart or the head I do not think the guy is going to fight.The game is realistic insofar as it is impossible to simulate all possible scenarios of injury in the game and he considers that a bullet in the head or the heart is deadly.So yes it is slow to die with pierced lung or shot in the stomach but able to fight effectively I doubt.So when in a game I empty a full magazine of m16 on enemy and did not stand up for me is realistic.Unlike battlefield 3 or 4.
In real life if you put a bullet in the helmet of a soldier even if it does not kill it has great chance of falling.Now you want to talk about realism there not long ago we saw a hostage situation that ended in a shootout and we see anti terrorist officers wounded in the leg evacuated from the area.He fell to the ground and was just holding his leg.In the game a shot in the head you die.In general snipers put you one in the head (yes they are very accurate).And if you do not know throwing cautious glances from cover ...well are you taking machine gun bullets and you die.It is a realistic and challenging game and it's good.Sorry for my english
Last edited by DemonKiller; Apr 22, 2015 @ 12:56pm
Originally posted by Fani:
The GRAW 1 and 2 were the best of the old + new.
Old ones were crap - they had insane AI who could one shot you from across the map while taking a dive firing an AK-47 from the hip. Through trial and error and save/load method, I got past a large portion of the game.

The new ones - Future Soldier is actually very good. I like it a lot.

The free one (actually costs nearly $1000 for the entire game) is not a model I'll ever support but those who play it swear that it is good. But I'd rather pay $60 once and get all the content as it used to be before. At max I'll shell out another $30 for an expansion pack. But not $1000
fwt
you and/ or your squad mates become incapasitated when shot not dead ;) i thought i would put that out there
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 15 30 50