A Phonograph Nov 19, 2012 @ 7:38pm
Medic melee?
I think most people who play medic agree that we need a melee. One mabye like the bonesaw on the parmedics right leg....
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Mehbah Nov 19, 2012 @ 10:51pm 
But you already have melee weapons. The axe and katana, in particular. Medics are supposed to heal, not slice zeds. That's the berserker's job. And if you want to kite, you already have excellent melee weapons of both the expensive and very cheap kind. If anything, they should keep the medic's focus on healing instead of changing it to killing zeds. No need for a medic melee weapon unless it heals teammates or does something along those lines.
DarkFalz Nov 19, 2012 @ 11:09pm 
If you want a melee weapon as a medic, just get an Axe. It's dirt cheap, powerful and really effective even on the bigger enemies.
Bodger Nov 20, 2012 @ 4:04am 
Yeah, it's not like you can't use those weapons at all... just find an axe, or buy a katana. Maybe switch perks mid-way through the trader time so you can equip yourself for less.

'Ninja medics' used to be quite popular, back when there was only one kind of medic gun. With a katana and a movement speed almost as good as a berzerker, they were pretty good. Of course, regardless of how good your healing is, when your armour's gone, it's gone.

Nowadays, any medic I play tends to use and MP5 and a hunting shotgun.
Karnak Nov 20, 2012 @ 9:11am 
if your playing as medic you should be staying back from the mobs so you can see if your team mates need healing. if your trying to play as a melee class your doing it wrong
A Phonograph Nov 20, 2012 @ 9:49am 
Well what i'm trying to say is mabye a melee weapon that when you hit an ally +20 HP
injected11 Nov 20, 2012 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by Berk:
Well what i'm trying to say is mabye a melee weapon that when you hit an ally +20 HP
... It's called the syringe gun. Stab people with it, and their health miraculously goes up.
Red Braver Pleinair Nov 21, 2012 @ 8:10am 
Originally posted by DarkFalz:
If you want a melee weapon as a medic, just get an Axe. It's dirt cheap, powerful and really effective even on the bigger enemies.
This. or scythe works well.

Originally posted by hilltopmonk:
if your playing as medic you should be staying back from the mobs so you can see if your team mates need healing. if your trying to play as a melee class your doing it wrong
Not this. Medics who rely on their allso powerful "mediguns" tend to not help the team, plus the syringe is much more effective

Originally posted by Mehbah:
But you already have melee weapons. The axe and katana, in particular. Medics are supposed to heal, not slice zeds. That's the berserker's job. And if you want to kite, you already have excellent melee weapons of both the expensive and very cheap kind. If anything, they should keep the medic's focus on healing instead of changing it to killing zeds. No need for a medic melee weapon unless it heals teammates or does something along those lines.

with this logic, every class is designed to kill zeds and the medic shouldnt be able to. Yet.... why do all those classes have syringes to heal others? or why does all the other classes have a welders yet they aren't SUPPORT class?
Siggie Nov 21, 2012 @ 8:11am 
I find Medic to be the best all-around combat class in the game (On normal and below, of course)

Faster speed
Better and cheaper armor
Potent heals and vial recharge
Red Braver Pleinair Nov 21, 2012 @ 8:31am 
Originally posted by ❤ Rumia:
I find Medic to be the best all-around combat class in the game (On normal and below, of course)

Faster speed
Better and cheaper armor
Potent heals and vial recharge
being the med class is pretty neat on higher difficulties as well, for instance rather than being an actual player, you can actually plant yourself in the middle of a door where when FPs rage at another play, that way you block him, and they wont be able to actually fight back unless of course you attack him.

However on Suicidal and HoE, you have to know how to kill scrakes with melee by knowing the ai behavior. its much easier for a medic to kill a FP in Suicidal/HoE solo than a scrake.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2012 @ 7:38pm
Posts: 9