[Volk]Gunslinger1127 Jan 11 @ 10:14am
Game fails for windows 8? Please help!!!
When i play the game. and enter a mission after the characters talk and stuff and the screen is black it stays black for like 5 minutes then puts the game up.. Also when im in a car and I try to go backwards it does is really slowly or there is a delay or it just doesnt do it like wtf.. It aint my keyboard.. Specs are
Windows 8.1
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3 CPUS ~3.2GHz
4g Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7900 series

Help pleassse I want to play it but its unplayable with the 5 minute transition from story to game and the reverseing on cars is annoyings as hell.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
(Unbeatable)Clan Killer Jan 11 @ 10:57am 
bro it works on windows 8 i have a intel inside and your laptop prob cant take little games like that!!! ahahahahhhaha ahahahh! look at your ram stupid grphics card stupid
King J Jan 12 @ 6:36am 
Not his rig it does it to me and i know my rig can handle skyrim on ultra with alot of texture overhauls with no frame drops. So i would also like help with this as well
BigBadBaldie Jan 13 @ 12:20pm 
Originally posted by VolkGunslinger1127:
When i play the game. and enter a mission after the characters talk and stuff and the screen is black it stays black for like 5 minutes then puts the game up.. Also when im in a car and I try to go backwards it does is really slowly or there is a delay or it just doesnt do it like wtf.. It aint my keyboard.. Specs are
Windows 8.1
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3 CPUS ~3.2GHz
4g Ram
AMD Radeon HD 7900 series

Help pleassse I want to play it but its unplayable with the 5 minute transition from story to game and the reverseing on cars is annoyings as hell.

same here
Mr.Hemiroids Jan 13 @ 8:27pm 
@Unbeatable.Wow bud I hope you were joking. I have a watercooled overclocked i7 16 gigs of RAM with a slightly overclocked GTX 660 ti. Running Windows 8.1 in the game locks up on me at the loading screen. I really wouldn't hate on the guy for trying to play a game that's nearly 13 years old. Pretty decent specs for a game that old. And to help you out you might want to go to the actual file. And have Windows troubleshoot. Have it run the game on Windows XP service pack three.
OldGregg Jan 13 @ 9:21pm 
go to task manager, right click on gta vice city, go to details, find the actual process, right click open edit set affinity, deselect all processor cores except for core zero.. that should fix it
OldGregg Jan 13 @ 9:22pm 
only do this after you have loaded the game and can walk around and stuff
also do this every time you start the game
OldGregg Jan 13 @ 9:24pm 
its not windows, its how the game addresses multi core processors, which really werent that big back then
[Volk]Gunslinger1127 Jan 14 @ 12:59pm 
Originally posted by OldGregg:
go to task manager, right click on gta vice city, go to details, find the actual process, right click open edit set affinity, deselect all processor cores except for core zero.. that should fix it
Alright i will try this out and come back thanks and Clan Killer why bro? Need to put others down to make yourself feel better about your pathetic self or somthing? Maybe daddy issues?
OldGregg Jan 14 @ 7:29pm 
please let me know if this helps
[Volk]Gunslinger1127 Jan 15 @ 4:39pm 
Originally posted by OldGregg:
please let me know if this helps
Alright i only played a couple of missions but the long delay from story to mission seems to be gone but the cars reversing slowly or awkwardly is still there being annoying :/ Thanks though
OldGregg Jan 25 @ 1:20am 
damn, this might sound backasswards, but if you have a stock onboard video card that is ♥♥♥♥, try it. it was made for ♥♥♥♥ cards as its old as hell. maybe your card is too good?
[Volk]Gunslinger1127 Jan 25 @ 9:35am 
Originally posted by OldGregg:
damn, this might sound backasswards, but if you have a stock onboard video card that is ♥♥♥♥, try it. it was made for ♥♥♥♥ cards as its old as hell. maybe your card is too good?
Ya i think thats it thanks for your help sucks that i cant play one of GTA's classics lol
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 11 @ 10:14am
Posts: 12