skulz87 (Banned) Aug 1, 2013 @ 2:45am
GTA III Widescreen fix?
Is there any working mod to fix the stretched hood and camera?
Player is very near to the cam when widescreen is ON when I set OFF everything looks stretched -.-
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Silent Aug 8, 2013 @ 4:26am 
There is such a mod, but I don't think it works on Steam EXE. You'd have to downgrade:
http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=547841
MilllKa_GaMI Aug 8, 2013 @ 5:38am 
еее
skulz87 (Banned) Aug 8, 2013 @ 6:02am 
Thanks im playing on 1024 (4.3) Aspect now because I dont like to downgrade the version of the game, Rockstar should have fixed this with a patch long ago since theyre still selling in 2013 and most of the users have a damn widescreen monitors, lazy Rockstar ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s.
Last edited by skulz87; Aug 8, 2013 @ 6:03am
Scalith_ Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:21pm 
I honestly haven't had a problem with widescreen.
Darrark Oct 7, 2013 @ 5:22pm 
Yeah, rockstar's slacking on their classics.

I'm still waiting for Xinput support for the gta3 era games-- I'd very much like to use my friggen Xbox 360 controller to play!
Silent Oct 8, 2013 @ 6:39am 
Originally posted by Darrell Tea:
I'm still waiting for Xinput support for the gta3 era games-- I'd very much like to use my friggen Xbox 360 controller to play!

You should have just checked Guides section:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=172881491
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=162687746
Last edited by Silent; Oct 8, 2013 @ 6:40am
BONKERS Oct 12, 2013 @ 12:15am 
Replace the steam Gta3.exe with this one for the widescreen fix to work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?eny9ltoho8x7ife
Comparison

Before
Widescreen option Off http://i.minus.com/ibqyORoC6zvAv.png
Widescreen on http://i.minus.com/iJn6UgJOqYjGZ.png
Widescreen Fix http://i.minus.com/ixNNnldETTccX.png
skulz87 (Banned) Oct 12, 2013 @ 2:54pm 
Originally posted by BONKERS:
Replace the steam Gta3.exe with this one for the widescreen fix to work.
http://www.mediafire.com/?eny9ltoho8x7ife
Comparison

Before
Widescreen option Off http://i.minus.com/ibqyORoC6zvAv.png
Widescreen on http://i.minus.com/iJn6UgJOqYjGZ.png
Widescreen Fix http://i.minus.com/ixNNnldETTccX.png
This is great but will it change the game version if i replace the new .exe file?
BONKERS Oct 12, 2013 @ 10:31pm 
It might since the fix requires 1.0 or 1.1. But at the same time the .ini file in the game directory says "1.0" already but wouldn't work with the fix.


But it doesn't change anything other than the .exe file so not sure..
Silent Oct 13, 2013 @ 3:19am 
Yes, your game will be downgraded to 1.0 or 1.1, depending on what EXE you choose. You can still use your old save games though and stuff.

BTW. gta3.ini does not contain a game version ;)
skulz87 (Banned) Oct 13, 2013 @ 9:21am 
Originally posted by Silent:
Yes, your game will be downgraded to 1.0 or 1.1, depending on what EXE you choose. You can still use your old save games though and stuff.

BTW. gta3.ini does not contain a game version ;)
Downgrading sucks :/
BONKERS Oct 14, 2013 @ 1:55am 
What are the major differences between versions anyway?
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50