1 person found this review helpful
APB is a classic case of great concept done very poorly. After watching it "evolve" over time I have come to this conclusion about APB and its design. I will try to stay the concise points for easy reading.
- Designed to promote negativity between players (yes the game is PVP however they make no genuine effort to promote teamwork and community building between players)
- Missions are 50% easily one sided, 25% one sided based upon player tallens, and only 25% resonably balanced based on the objectives themselves.
- Developement is focused more toward re-releasing the original game content for a cash fee than resolving long standing issues and design flaws.
- They have been gradually improving the player threat system so it more accurately reflects a persons skill.
- The one truly good feature for the game is the character and vehicle design system that allows a high level of customization of look by use of symbols.
- Vehicle driving and performance is what you would expect from any game.
- Gun mechanics are sloppy and often glitchy. They add unneeded features in a failed attempt to balance weapons.
- Limited options for PVP play, you either do missions which have a standard theme or do Fight Club which is basically a moshpit of players killing players with a mission objective of some basic sort.
- Developement has issues with breaking things when adding or making "improvements" slow to never fix issues and glitches.
Overall the game is poorly maintained, poorly developed, and has a good concept with a few nice features. It earns a 4 out of 10