sir HappyHippie Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:03pm
Got the "Golden God" achievement out of nowhere??
Alright so I just did a failure samson run and after I died I pressed the menu button and then "Golden God" Unlockable appeared from nowhere,I didn't get anything at that run,I just died in The Depths 1..
I mean my biggest wish is to finish the game but I want to do it fairly :/
I'm at 89%(with Golden God) of the achievements..

Edit: I think I might have the reason,I finished Cathedral with all of the charecters except for Samson,which is a charecter from WOTL.
But still there are the Iron Man achievements(Basement Boy,Spulnker Bot,etc..) which was before the DLC,right?
So the achievement is just late or something?
Last edited by sir HappyHippie; Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:09pm
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Mage of Strings Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:07pm 
You got it fairly..

Platinum god is 100%, you get Golden God with all the normal BOI vanilla items and like 75 achievements (thats why u got it, u probably got an achievement or a new item ingame and completed the rule).
Last edited by Mage of Strings; Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:08pm
sir HappyHippie Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
Originally posted by void *pointer:
You got it fairly..

Platinum god is 100%, you get Golden God with all the normal BOI vanilla items and like 75 achievements (thats why u got it, u probably got an achievement or a new item ingame and completed the rule).

I got the Guardian Angel for the first time,so it must be it..
And what about the Iron Man achievements? Were these added with the WOTL dlc?
Last edited by sir HappyHippie; Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:12pm
DeViLMaN666_Qc Feb 25, 2013 @ 2:13pm 
yeah those x Boy achievement were in vanilla but i think u only need them for platinium when u have WOTL since u can exeed the normal number of secrets im not sure , regarding those achievement what happen if u get in the Alternative floor of womb for example untero can u still achieve them ?
Last edited by DeViLMaN666_Qc; Feb 25, 2013 @ 2:14pm
sir HappyHippie Feb 26, 2013 @ 2:28am 
Originally posted by DeViLMaN666_Qc:
yeah those x Boy achievement were in vanilla but i think u only need them for platinium when u have WOTL since u can exeed the normal number of secrets im not sure , regarding those achievement what happen if u get in the Alternative floor of womb for example untero can u still achieve them ?

Of course,why not? It's just a name..
DeViLMaN666_Qc Feb 26, 2013 @ 2:54am 
Originally posted by HappyHippie:
Originally posted by DeViLMaN666_Qc:
yeah those x Boy achievement were in vanilla but i think u only need them for platinium when u have WOTL since u can exeed the normal number of secrets im not sure , regarding those achievement what happen if u get in the Alternative floor of womb for example untero can u still achieve them ?

Of course,why not? It's just a name..

well idk maybe cuz achievement state only Complete the Depths without taking damage and it was before expansion
Mage of Strings Feb 27, 2013 @ 3:03pm 
I got spelunker in the catacombs and such, so it doesn't affect (it also had curse of the laberinth which made it cake lol).
sir HappyHippie Feb 28, 2013 @ 12:52pm 
Another question - To get Platinum god you need to find ALL of the items,too? or just get all of the achievements?
If you do need to get all of the item(which makes sense),it's going to be a pain in the ♥♥♥..
Well,7% to go ! :)
Mage of Strings Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
All the items (however I think u could ignore 1 or so, not 100% sure).

Getting the items is easy.. unlock them, then start as isaac, rush to the treasure room, new item? get it. Then restart the game for more items. If its not new, re-roll it. Get it or not if its not new and start a new game after.

You can get a ton of items in less than half an hour that way..
sir HappyHippie Feb 28, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by void *pointer:
All the items (however I think u could ignore 1 or so, not 100% sure).

Getting the items is easy.. unlock them, then start as isaac, rush to the treasure room, new item? get it. Then restart the game for more items. If its not new, re-roll it. Get it or not if its not new and start a new game after.

You can get a ton of items in less than half an hour that way..

Oh,didn't thought about it..
But doesn't quitting counts as dying ? I don't want my death stats to be really high(it's already high right now)
Capnmaf Feb 28, 2013 @ 2:56pm 
Originally posted by HappyHippie:
Originally posted by void *pointer:
All the items (however I think u could ignore 1 or so, not 100% sure).

Getting the items is easy.. unlock them, then start as isaac, rush to the treasure room, new item? get it. Then restart the game for more items. If its not new, re-roll it. Get it or not if its not new and start a new game after.

You can get a ton of items in less than half an hour that way..

Oh,didn't thought about it..
But doesn't quitting counts as dying ? I don't want my death stats to be really high(it's already high right now)

It does not (just tried it). However, rather than just rerolling the first couple of floors by starting over repeatedly, it's more effective to get to the Chest as Isaac, while all the while holding the D6. Once you've gotten there, there'll be those 4 chests at the beginning which give you items. Then you can just keep charging the D6 and rerolling those 4 items at once. I had to do this in order to find Daddy's Love.

Another tip if you don't know: picking up space bar items and then putting them back makes them not show up again. Easy way to get 2 items from a library if you've picked up every book. :)
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 25, 2013 @ 1:03pm
Posts: 10