sir HappyHippie Jan 16, 2013 @ 6:00am
Why can't I get the basement boy achievment?
I've been trying to get it and I'm 99% sure the I didn't get hit(on 2 playthroughs).
Another question related to that,does the spikey door rooms(that you lost half a heart to get in) count as damge and I can't get the achievment ?(Of course that on the 2 playthrough that I said I didn't got into those rooms)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
NukeHP Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:13am 
I'm not sure of whether the curse rooms count as damage for the achievement, but one thing that doesn't seem obvious that does apparently count (according to the wiki) is a health up pill. I can't say whether health up items count, though. In any case, just for the sake of safety I'd stay away from curse rooms and pills in general on a no damage run, at least for the area that you're trying to beat for the achievement.
sir HappyHippie Jan 22, 2013 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by NukeHP:
I'm not sure of whether the curse rooms count as damage for the achievement, but one thing that doesn't seem obvious that does apparently count (according to the wiki) is a health up pill. I can't say whether health up items count, though. In any case, just for the sake of safety I'd stay away from curse rooms and pills in general on a no damage run, at least for the area that you're trying to beat for the achievement.

I think my game is bugged(I know that some of the achievments are bugged,but not this one),I completed the basement without taking damage the 3rd time now(with Judas this time),and I still didn't get the achievement,wth ? Maybe you need to not take damage on both basement I and basement II ? Which is a bit harder..

Edit : Btw I didn't get the Unlockable too(such as" *item's name* has appeared in the basement!)
Maha.j2 Jan 22, 2013 @ 8:48am 
Health up Pills count as damage, I'm pretty sure Curse Rooms do also and so do Devil Rooms.
sir HappyHippie Jan 22, 2013 @ 8:59am 
Originally posted by Maha:
Health up Pills count as damage, I'm pretty sure Curse Rooms do also and so do Devil Rooms.

I'm aware of that,I didn't touch those but yet I can't get it.. :(
P.S thanks for trying to help :)
StrawberryAttack Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:04am 
You have beat both basement 1 and 2 without taking damage
sir HappyHippie Jan 22, 2013 @ 3:20pm 
Originally posted by Strawberry Attack:
You have beat both basement 1 and 2 without taking damage

Alright,I'll try that,thanks for the help :)
NukeHP Jan 22, 2013 @ 6:23pm 
Ah, didn't realize you were unaware you had to beat both floors with no hits for the achievement. That would be the first thing needed to be remedied for sure. Note that you don't necessarily have to beat both bosses, but you do have to beat the second boss. Basically what that means is that if you get the shovel, you can use it to skip the first floor of whichever area you're attempting to no-damage (in your case, basement/cellar), but do not use it to skip the second floor as the achievement unlocks upon beating that boss. Similarly, that's another reason to avoid pills since you may get telepills to the Error room by mistake.
sir HappyHippie Jan 23, 2013 @ 1:20pm 
I finally got the achievement(with the Dr. Revenge challange).
Thanks guys! It was a huge relief :)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2013 @ 6:00am
Posts: 8