One thing that's bugged me and I'm sure many others is the fact that you can't play the DLC content separately, instead having it permanently replace the vanilla version...that is, until now!
I present The Binding of Isaac Launcher (or The BOIL for short), a simple application that once installed will allow you to start the game from steam as per normal, however you will now have the option of turning off the DLC,
This is especially advised for newcomers to the game (and given the latest Humble Bundle I dare say there's a lot of you!) As the DLC adds a ton of new content that isn't by any means easier :P, besides, It's cool to see the vanilla game first that way you will appreciate and recognise all the changes :)
I have tested this as much as I can, both achievments and save games appear to be working as per normal, so don't stress about that!
Installation is straight forward, just run the installer, follow the prompts :) Screenshot of The BOIL! [i294.photobucket.com]Download The BOIL! (Windows)[www.mediafire.com]
Linux version is currently being worked on
Mac version is planned for after the linux build, so stay tuned!
Please report any bugs or feedback here :)
- Now correctly remembers previously played setting
- Now remembers previous window location
- Uninstaller now included, (a desktop shortcut will be made for it, for ease of access)
- Now checks to ensure that the install directory contains the game (this is due to the fact that the installer contains some files from the original version, so It'd be wise to ensure that people own the game and have it installed before this will continue installation)
- Launcher minimizes after game has started
- Optimised file cleanup after installation