1. How do I play online?
a) On the mission selection screen, the bottom left will tell you if you are playing online or offline.
b. On keyboard, press P, or Xbox controller, press START, and you will switch between offline and online.
c) While in online mode, antennae will appear over levels that have open lobbies.
2. How do I invite my friend to play?
a) Enter online mode on the mission selection screen
b) Press X on the controller or keyboard to load the custom match list
c) Press X to host a custom mission
d) Set the game to private and create the mission
e) Choose your character and proceed to the game's lobby
f) Press X for match options, and choose invite friend.
3. How do I get local coop to work? I have a controller and keyboard set up, but player 2 can't join!
a) The game by default sets the keyboard to Player 1.
b) The 1st controller will be Player 1, and then Player 2, and so forth.
c) Go to Help & Options > Settings.
d) You must re-assign the keyboard player to an unassigned player slot.
e) Restart the program after you change the settings!
4. How can I set up my Playstation 3 controller or 3rd party controller (Logitech) to work?
Setting up a Playstation 3 Controller:
a) Download latest: http://www.motioninjoy.com/
b) Follow steps on site to setup
Setting up a Logitech Controller:
a) Download latest: https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
b) Follow steps on site to setup
5. Can I play 2 players on 1 keyboard?http://www.pocketwatchgames.com/forums/index.php?topic=1102.0
6. Can I use the editor to make levels, and can they be put on the Steam Workshop?
The editor is currently in beta. It is planned to be released 1 to 1 and 1/2 weeks after launch of the full game on Steam. Steam Workshop functionality is in the works but cannot be promised at the release of the editor.
7. Can I play Monaco on my Mac?
The Mac version is currently in development. The Mac beta is scheduled to start about 6 weeks after launch of the full game on Steam.
8. What do the 4 trophy icons above each level represent?
a) Beat the level in single player
b) Beat the level in multiplayer
c) Beat the level with 100% of the coins (doesn't matter if SP or MP)
d) Beat the level without dying, (don't need to 100%, just no deaths for you or your party)
9. DirectX Error - "The call 'CreateDevice' returned error 'E_INVALIDARG: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function'"
a) Open Monaco.exe file location (program files/steam/steamapps/common/monaco/)
b) Right-click and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"
c) Walk through compatibility setup and find one that works for you (Win 7 worked for me)
10. Monaco crashes or won't start!
Sometimes installing these redists solves the issue you're having:
a) Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555
b) DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109
11. I reinstalled the redists, and Monaco still crashes!
Others have reported success with this method:
a) Go to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Monaco
b) Right-click on MONACO.exe and "Run as Administrator"
12. STILL CRASHES!
There have been a few reports that Mumble (third party software) crashes the game. You might have to close it to get Monaco to work.
13. Monaco used to work, now it crashes when I try to launch the game! (PC Only)
Your save file may have been corrupted, thus crashing the game when it tries to load it. Go into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Monaco\SAVEDATA and load Options2.xml
Find the following line:
Rename SaveData.bin to something else, like SaveData2.bin
Save and try launching Monaco again. Your data will be lost, but you can recover it if you contact me at email@example.com.