Monaco > Editor Discussions > Topic Details
Colon D (Jordan) Apr 24, 2013 @ 9:31am
Editor
Is there an editor in this game, if there is I can't find it.
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
< >
AndyN. @pixelatedpost  [developer] Apr 24, 2013 @ 10:24am 
It will be released shortly!
Colon D (Jordan) Apr 24, 2013 @ 12:14pm 
Originally posted by AndyN.:
It will be released shortly!
Ohhhh BOY! Can't wait! Awesome game BTW.
Do you know how shortly?
Also will there ever be any DLC for the game?
Thanks.
THANK YOU SANDROCK Apr 24, 2013 @ 3:18pm 
The editor will be free DLC!

And Andy S. has mentioned that he hoped to release it in about a week :D
Machinator Apr 25, 2013 @ 1:29pm 
The editor will ensure longevity. I myself look forward to creating a 10 level deep Fort Hard-Knox monstrosity
thrAsher Apr 25, 2013 @ 8:23pm 
How robust is the editor? I'm mainly curious as to whether or not we are going to be able to create entire campaigns or just maps.
redplatform Apr 25, 2013 @ 9:48pm 
I don't suppose steam workshop integration will be added as well?
Mr. Odd Apr 26, 2013 @ 9:20am 
Originally posted by redplatform:
I don't suppose steam workshop integration will be added as well?
Andy has said that they're trying to get Steam Workshop, so I would assume you can count on it!
BigSparky Apr 26, 2013 @ 9:48pm 
Monaco + Steam Workshop = Brilliance
BigSparky Apr 27, 2013 @ 4:31am 
Originally posted by thrAsher:
How robust is the editor? I'm mainly curious as to whether or not we are going to be able to create entire campaigns or just maps.

Here is a reply I got from one of the beta testers on this forum named Zyzzybalubah. I think you'll be pleased!

"You can do pretty much everything you see in game and thensome!

You can create a level just like in Monaco with "Collect the X" or "Escape!" objectives or alternatively a PvP level, decide on coin placement, characters, gear types, traps, how many floors you can have (up to 8!!), what the dialogue at the beginning of the level is, how the side view looks (during the dialogue), which NPCs are in the game, whether they're stationary or search randomly or have waypoints for their patrols, the lighting, the furniture, the weater and music even... the possibilities are really endless.

I've created levels JUST like Monaco and then I've create fun levels that are basically mazes of traps and parodies of other games.

If you are interested, check out the Monaco Hideout stream tomorrow (starting at 12 est) where we will show off a whole mess of the levels created by beta players: http://monacohideout.com/stream

:D"

I couldn't be more excited for this! The stream is at noon today, by the way, so try to check it out if you can!

Last edited by BigSparky; Apr 27, 2013 @ 4:33am
Festive Jiik May 1, 2013 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by Mr Odd:
Originally posted by redplatform:
I don't suppose steam workshop integration will be added as well?
Andy has said that they're trying to get Steam Workshop, so I would assume you can count on it!
Heh, maybe level sharing, like the portal 2 workshop!
BigSparky May 3, 2013 @ 7:16am 
So any update on when we'll be seeing the editor? Seriously, this whole Monaco addiction thing isn't even funny anymore! My kid showed me a picture he drew and all I wanted to do was sketch security cameras all over it and point out the crappy line-of-sight. He looked at me and said "Dad, I think you need that map editor, don't you?" "Yes son. Yes I do.", I replied.

Ok, so that's all BS. But it COULD happen...if I don't get my editor fix. Help!!!
Mr. Odd May 3, 2013 @ 9:02am 
Originally posted by BigSparky:
So any update on when we'll be seeing the editor? Seriously, this whole Monaco addiction thing isn't even funny anymore! My kid showed me a picture he drew and all I wanted to do was sketch security cameras all over it and point out the crappy line-of-sight. He looked at me and said "Dad, I think you need that map editor, don't you?" "Yes son. Yes I do.", I replied.

Ok, so that's all BS. But it COULD happen...if I don't get my editor fix. Help!!!
I agree! The wait is killing me!!!!!!!
Colon D (Jordan) May 3, 2013 @ 9:59am 
Well it's been about a week, I wouldn't mind even if he released it in BETA.
THANK YOU SANDROCK May 4, 2013 @ 7:17am 
I believe the issue is that we need to wait for the Xbox version to release! Hopefully updates soon :D watch the Monaco FB page and twitter feed!
Zard the Sage May 5, 2013 @ 6:48pm 
Would it be possible maby to use with THE WORKSHOP!?!
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50