Posted this on a forum , so im posting it here also, most of it is common knwowledge but its worth posting for those that don't know..
Firstly, you MUST
remember, It is currently in ALPHA
stages, so don't go in expecting a bug free game, the game will
crash at times, and you will get performance issues, regardless of how good your hardware is.
If you find a bug or issue, report it at the above link, make sure you search to see if you're bug/issue has been submitted, if so, up vote it.Performance
Performance is currently hit and miss, what works for one person may not work for another, im currently running everything low with 87% 3D resolution and pulling between 75-90 frames per second.
thats 75-90 FPS on a mid range PC...
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Sabertooth z77
CPU: Intel 2500k @ 4.5 Ghz Overclocked
GPU: AMD HD6870
MEMORY: 8gb G.SKILL Sniper 1866 Mhz
The game seems to utilize CPU and GPU more with lower settings, so id suggest lowering everything at first than raise settings until you are happy with the look and performance of the game.
Below can be added in Launch Options on steam.Game Loading Speedup-nosplash
- Disables splash screens.-skipIntro
- skips intro moviesPerformance paremeters
Not sure if you can go higher than 2047 with ARMA 3, but it was hardcoded on Arma 2-maxMem=<number>
- Defines memory allocation limit to number (in MegaBytes).
256 is hard-coded minimum (anything lower falls backs to 256). 2047 is hard-coded maximum (anything higher falls back to 2047).-maxVRAM=<number>
- Defines Video Memory allocation limit to number (in MegaBytes) anything over 2047 may cause unforeseen consequences.-cpuCount=<number>
- Change to a number less or equal than numbers of available cores.-exThreads=<number>
- Change to a number 0,1,3,5,7. This will override auto detection (which use 3 for dualcore and 7 for quadcore).