Terraria > General Discussions > Topic Details
TankBug Nov 19, 2012 @ 5:30am
Terraria vs Minecraft:Reeasons why Terraria is better
one thing grappling hooks.
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Gekkeduncan Nov 19, 2012 @ 8:29am 
Much more bosses
Mr Nasal Congestion Man Nov 19, 2012 @ 12:02pm 
God damnit. Why does everyone compare terraria with minecraft? They are so much different. But if we are going to start this again, I guess I'll join in. Terraria is more focused on adventure and upgrading and is 2D. Minecraft is 3D and focused on building.
XtremeBoy15 Nov 19, 2012 @ 12:39pm 
Minecraft is the best game for building that will ever exist. Terraria is the best RPG/Action-Adventure/Sandbox game (meaning I like its combination of many games; including Minecraft) that will ever exist. More people need Terraria because only 1.6 Mil have it, while Minecraft has just passed 8 mil and growing rapidly.
AceofSpadesXIII Nov 19, 2012 @ 4:22pm 
if you think that minecraft is the best building game that will ever exist you probably havent seen anything about blockscape. its still in its very early stages but it looks better and more polished than minecraft while offering more or less the same thing
XtremeBoy15 Nov 19, 2012 @ 5:26pm 
I have seen it, thank you very much.
TankBug Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:05pm 
yes, I Know that minecraft and terraria are TOTALY different entities, but I just wanted to see if every one was on the right page.
XtremeBoy15 Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:29pm 
Originally posted by trblnixon:
yes, I Know that minecraft and terraria are TOTALY different entities, but I just wanted to see if every one was on the right page.
You missed the train. You got back too late.
Lord KuroNeko Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:49pm 
If we have to compare Terrariagod with Minecraftpoor, so... ore, NPC, Bosses, weapons, biomes, enemies, dungeon, cloths, gears, floating islands, EVERYTHING.
Man, I played a lot MC, but Terraria is way too god and doesn't need to be compared to a pile of patch that doesn't give anything new to the game.
XtremeBoy15 Mar 28, 2013 @ 4:02pm 
Originally posted by Lord KuroNeko:
If we have to compare Terrariagod with Minecraftpoor, so... ore, NPC, Bosses, weapons, biomes, enemies, dungeon, cloths, gears, floating islands, EVERYTHING.
Man, I played a lot MC, but Terraria is way too god and doesn't need to be compared to a pile of patch that doesn't give anything new to the game.
They are too different to be compared. I love them both the same. I know that is your opinion, but you did screw up one fact: If you believe Minecraft is all bug fixes, you are very mistaken.
Last edited by XtremeBoy15; Mar 28, 2013 @ 4:03pm
Bahdaz Mar 28, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
Terraria has exploding bunnies.

Checkmate, Minecraftians.
Last edited by Bahdaz; Mar 28, 2013 @ 4:07pm
XtremeBoy15 Mar 28, 2013 @ 4:41pm 
Originally posted by Bahdaz:
Terraria has exploding bunnies.

Checkmate, Minecraftians.
There is no way to compare them, they are DIFFERENT GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TankBug Apr 23, 2013 @ 5:32am 
Terraria has holdable tourches. in yo face mincrafters
The Ambassador of Kick-Assador Apr 23, 2013 @ 5:41am 
Originally posted by XtremeBoy15:
Minecraft is the best game for building that will ever exist. Terraria is the best RPG/Action-Adventure/Sandbox game (meaning I like its combination of many games; including Minecraft) that will ever exist. More people need Terraria because only 1.6 Mil have it, while Minecraft has just passed 8 mil and growing rapidly.

And Terraria isn't growing? When the update comes out I guarentee more people will get it because it means that it could contiunassly get updated.
Plus Minecraft is on 3 devices right now... Xbox, Iphones/ Ipods (bassicaly just phone criteria) and of course PC/Mac ( So imma say computers)
Now Terraria is currentaly on 2 devices Xbox & PC but it has been stated that Terraria could come to PS Vita which will create more popularity.
They are both amazing games but what seems to matter to everybody is popularity.
Zhuril Apr 23, 2013 @ 2:31pm 
Things I wish Minecraft has that terraria does:

-Better lighting systen (I want to HOLD MY TORCH! Is that hard?!)
-Early-game bosses
-Biomes with different features(aside from looks and snow/ice)
-Fun items (Grappling hook, spells, cloud in a bottle etc.)
-More cosmetic/vanity decorations/items
Zhuril Apr 23, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
Originally posted by XtremeBoy15:
Originally posted by Bahdaz:
Terraria has exploding bunnies.

Checkmate, Minecraftians.
There is no way to compare them, they are DIFFERENT GAMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Show me 2 games that you can compare that are NOT different. And I'll show you plagiarism.

definition of compare:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/compare
-- To examine (two or more objects, ideas, people, etc.) in order to note similarities and differences.

So yes, we can compare terraria and minecraft, especially since they belong to the same genre.
Last edited by Zhuril; Apr 23, 2013 @ 3:26pm
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2012 @ 5:30am
Posts: 27