Terraria > General Discussions > Topic Details
LoftySteve Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:39am
Terraria 1.2 VS. Starbound
If you can have Terraria 1.2 and all future updates, or Starbound, and all the updates, NEVER have the other one or any version of it, which would you choose?
P.S. Please don't argue, respect others opinions.
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
Toaster (Banned) Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:49am 
I would like CoD Ghosts ofc...

Cyborgt Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:02pm 
Well if I had to make the decision based on what I currently know of Starbound (which is basically nothing) then i'd have to choose Terraria. Maybe try asking again when Starbound actually becomes a game.
E3kHatena Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:10pm 
This is a lot like asking if Man of Steel 2 will be any good. We know not much about Starbound other tha there's space and Terraria stuff. Chances are Starbound will have much more content, but as to whether the world is more fun to explore is a serperate story. These sort of questions are being asked too early...
mikesk2 Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:39pm 
i go with star made
Juliet St Clair Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:47pm 
I like Earthbound better.
DirtyHoboLord Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:52pm 
I have seen Starbound's gameplay, it looks awesome! I think building on it will beat Terraria, but Terraria combat is far better. Starbound doesn't have bosses, and the mobs all have similar AI's.
DirtyHoboLord Aug 23, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
Originally posted by Cyborgt:
Well if I had to make the decision based on what I currently know of Starbound (which is basically nothing) then i'd have to choose Terraria. Maybe try asking again when Starbound actually becomes a game.
You can watch gameplay on YouTube.
Xaionik Aug 23, 2013 @ 2:05pm 
I choose them both. Why should I pick one over the other?
Spero_Mcgee Aug 23, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
Originally posted by Xaionik:
I choose them both. Why should I pick one over the other?

Because that's the question and the point of this thread. :p
Zargonis Aug 23, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
Originally posted by Juliet St Clair:
I like Earthbound better.
:D I was wondering when someone would figure that out!
Sharkdude Aug 23, 2013 @ 5:31pm 
Originally posted by Toaster:
I would like CoD Ghosts ofc...
#besttroll2013
Toaster (Banned) Sep 7, 2013 @ 6:52am 
Originally posted by Sharkdude:
Originally posted by Toaster:
I would like CoD Ghosts ofc...
#besttroll2013 :Burn:

#bestyoloswag2013
Megaflux Sep 7, 2013 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by E3kHatena:
This is a lot like asking if Man of Steel 2 will be any good. We know not much about Starbound other tha there's space and Terraria stuff. Chances are Starbound will have much more content, but as to whether the world is more fun to explore is a serperate story. These sort of questions are being asked too early...

so terraria. since we already know terraria ♥♥♥♥ing rocks.

i dont know that many of you have been around the gaming industry as long as i have (most of you seem to be around 11) but the tendency is to over-hype and under-deliver. that fact coupled with the phrase "starbound will be more about exploration" point to the possibility of a VERY boring game.

mind you the preorder is in and i HOPE it isnt a massive turd, but honestly how many sequels really improve on the original game? kotor 2? borderlads 2? mass effect 2? neverwinter nights 2? if anything the trend is to make the games more idiot-friendly to appeal to the masses and thereby create a SHALLOWER gameplay experience (morrowind>oblivion>skyrim).

yea it is just my perspective, but i have ♥♥♥♥ing tradition on my side.
Last edited by Megaflux; Sep 7, 2013 @ 9:14am
ShinkuTear Sep 7, 2013 @ 9:14am 
Originally posted by Xaionik:
I choose them both. Why should I pick one over the other?
This. So much :)

Originally posted by Juliet St Clair:
I like Earthbound better.
This is also awesome :D
Prorok6665 Sep 7, 2013 @ 9:47am 
Only Terraria :)
Showing 1-15 of 61 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Aug 23, 2013 @ 12:39am
Posts: 61