Community Rules & Guidelines
We would like to take a moment to remind you of the rules of usage on these forums, as well as pointers for constructively criticizing or providing feedback regarding our products and community.
1. Posts regarding critique should be kept positive and made to encourage open discussion among others. The same applies to posts seeking opinions from others about select features or the game in general.
2. When critiquing features or drawing comparisons with their counterparts in other games, put them into proper context by providing reasonable, realistic and easy to follow explainations. Things you should detail include the "whats", "whys" and "hows". Reasonable exaplinations especially apply to when detailing the features of other games and why you think it works well and/or better. Here is a good and bad example of if, for instance, your belief is that the longshot sniper rifle is overpowered:
(Good Example:) 'It feels overpowered due the high damage ouput you get at low cost compared to other guns. I feel to balance out what you're getting, it could use things such as an increase in price or an insane level of recoil.'
(Bad example:) 'Oh, your version of feature x is not like feature y in Call of Duty. Therefore, yours is terrible.'.
Not only is this undetailed, it is both unprofessional and generally an unacceptable means of feedback.
3. When providing forms of critique and feedback, for all the negatives you list, it is generally encouraged to make note of at least one positive to balance it out. Noted, there are times where this is hard to do. However, posts which convey a mixture of positives and negatives generally come across a lot better than any which are just one-sided. This is often true for any forum.
4. Do not rehash someone else's post from word to word. That is just plagiaristic and does not give you any form of credibility. Use the quote feature if you want to make nods or mentions to the posts of others if you need to put them in context alongside your post. Also, please provide credit where it is due and use proper etiquette.
5. Keep reposting to an absolute minimum; there is no need for reposts from threads that have been abandoned to the sands of time, closed or locked. Also, please check and read other threads to ensure what you're about to post hasn't already been asked and/or answered. Any repost threads will be closed and the original poster, including all contributors, will be asked to continue the discussion in already active threads on the same subject.
6. You may not use posts or criticism as a means to attack others on the forums nor delibrately incite negative reactions from them. Furthermore, you may not use them to start flame wars.
7. Avoid the excessive usage of inappropriate/vulgar language and terminology. These forums are here for civil and mature discussion among others.
Any infringement upon the rules of usage will earn you a strike. You only get three chances. Rack up three strikes and you will find yourself banned from using these forums. Reasons, as well as whether permanently or for temporary durations, will be decided by the appropriate (Steam / Spiral) moderators.